Micro Investing

Comments

• AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Anthorn wrote: »

What is glaringly clear to me is that you don't understand it. Perhaps if you used it and got some experience of it you might begin to understand it: Not saving a fixed amount every month and saving pennies that are not missed is what it's all about.

Whats glaringly clear to me is that you dont understand it.

There's no difference whatsoever saving £10 a month whether it comes from "pennies that wont be missed" out of your bank account ( that add up to £10 lets say) or "£10 that wont be missed" out of your bank account, except that the former will cost you an extra £1.

You are making a wholly artificial distinction between whether the money comes from (say) 20 transactions rounded up to the nearest £1 or one transaction of £10. Except I suppose that it is really "micro" investing if you dont buy much, and I fail to see the benefit, if you wish to invest, of what you invest being determined by the random number of bank transactions you make in a month.

Its a gimmick for the financially inept.
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    JohnRo wrote: »
    I decided to look up the meaning of "prat"

So sad. When an opponent has to descend into name-calling to compete I know I've won. I love being victorious.
  • Anthorn
    AnotherJoe wrote: »
    Whats glaringly clear to me is that you dont understand it.

There's no difference whatsoever saving £10 a month whether it comes from "pennies that wont be missed" out of your bank account ( that add up to £10 lets say) or "£10 that wont be missed" out of your bank account, except that the former will cost you an extra £1.

You are making a wholly artificial distinction between whether the money comes from (say) 20 transactions rounded up to the nearest £1 or one transaction of £10. Except I suppose that it is really "micro" investing if you dont buy much, and I fail to see the benefit, if you wish to invest, of what you invest being determined by the random number of bank transactions you make in a month.

Its a gimmick for the financially inept.

I think your dinner might be ready now. Have you checked.

Oh your post? Nothing original in there. It's all been said, replied to and chewed over. Anyway, we've moved on now. I won :D

Do you need to get a life?
  • justme111
    justme111 Posts: 3,508 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    I won :D

Do you need to get a life?

:rotfl::rotfl:
    I must confess I was late with dinner due to checking on this thread.
    The word "dilemma" comes from Greek where "di" means two and "lemma" means premise. Refers usually to difficult choice between two undesirable options.
    Often people seem to use this word mistakenly where "quandary" would fit better.
  • Gadfium
    Gadfium Posts: 763 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 March 2017 at 7:05PM
    So sad. When an opponent has to descend into name-calling to compete I know I've won.

Well, if that's how you judge winning, then you've already lost. You started* by accusing people of pedantry pages ago, nevermind these pearlers:
    But hey I know I'm wasting my time trying to teach someone who already knows everything!
    It's mainly just an off-topic personal attack which incidentally displays you low [SIC] intelligence.

By your own metric, you've lost. ;) But life might be slow in your neck of the woods so I guess that you have to get your jollies anyway that you can.

Anyhoo, enough of that childishness. I get it. You like Moneybox for your own reasons. Others don't. Personally I think that it's a bit "meh" and it is expensive, but hey, whatever blows your skirts up.

Seeing as you are so down with the kids on Internet memes like ROFL, have a ROFLbrothel on me. :D

roflbrothel.gif

*Is this a school yard?
  • Anthorn
    justme111 wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl:
    I must confess I was late with dinner due to checking on this thread.

Oh dear: I bet your mummy was annoyed.
  • Anthorn
    Gadfium wrote: »
    Well, if that's how you judge winning, then you've already lost. You started* by accusing people of pedantry pages ago, nevermind these pearlers:

I'm not accusing anyone at al of pedantry or at least not naming them. I'm referring to posts and the evidence is there for all to see. I do actually try to limit my posts because I'm conscious of the fact that the posters in this thread are children and I am of the opinion that youth should be encouraged and not discouraged. I can do a lot better than I have done.

Only children would repeat something to the extent that it is repeated in this thread. An adult would have dismissed it and moved on. Possibly children who have become used to getting their own way but nevertheless, children. I never liked going to school on a Monday either.
  • justme111
    justme111 Posts: 3,508 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    I can do a lot better than I have done.

:D:D
    No kidding
    The word "dilemma" comes from Greek where "di" means two and "lemma" means premise. Refers usually to difficult choice between two undesirable options.
    Often people seem to use this word mistakenly where "quandary" would fit better.
  • Gadfium
    Gadfium Posts: 763 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm not accusing anyone at al of pedantry or at least not naming them. I'm referring to posts and the evidence is there for all to see. I do actually try to limit my posts because I'm conscious of the fact that the posters in this thread are children and I am of the opinion that youth should be encouraged and not discouraged. I can do a lot better than I have done.

Patronising, much?

You know the old saying about how it's better to keep your mouth shut and let others think you a fool than open it and remove all doubt?

Anyway, I'm genuinely glad that you have found amusement from arguing on the Internet. It's always nice to see someone so easily pleased.:D
  • bowlhead99
    bowlhead99 Posts: 12,295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Post of the Month
    Only children would repeat something to the extent that it is repeated in this thread. An adult would have dismissed it and moved on.

Just so we're clear. There are about 70 posts on this thread. About a third of them are from you. After your first six posts you did three in a row where you said you would no longer be responding - along the lines of "don't expect a reply" "this is my last on this thread" and "bye bye over and out"'.

I pointed out that you'd said you were going; since then, it's just been the fourteen more over the course of the day.

How's that "I do actually try to limit my posts" working out for you? It doesn't seem to be working out very well for us ...

:ROFL:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport