Dreams bed Superstore??? Complaints?

Options

Comments

• CATRINER
    Options
    I've had problems with a mattress. No-one seems to want to help. I am currently taking the Directors to the small claims court. If I lose I still cant let this go. They are in the wrong!!
    For your information: Mr Michael Francis Logue and Mr Kim Suhail Zaheer are the directors making lots of money from our misery
  • A lot of people are having this issue and many other problems besides. I have started a website dedicated to exposing Dreams and informing potential customers of what they are getting themselves into. I will be sharing stories of people's dealings with this company. Sorry you're having issues too :(

I'm a new user so can't post links but I'm on twitter as @beds_dreams where you can find links to my website.
  • gevans35
    gevans35 Posts: 75 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I wish I'd seen this thread earlier, had I done so I wouldn't have set foot in the place.

I placed an order with Dreams and realised, for various reasons, that I'd made a mistake but Dreams charged a 10% cancellation fee even though I requested cancellation less than 24 hours after placing the order so they had incurred no loss.

Vile company, stay well clear.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Dear Dreams,
    As you are wishing to charge a 10% cancellation fee, please itemise your costs incurred in justification of the 10% and submit an invoice for payment.

:)
  • gevans35
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Problem was that I'd paid using a card so they already had my money. When I cancelled the order they only refunded 90%. In cases like this, possession (in this case my money) is nine tenths of the law and their Ts & Cs, which I'd signed, state no cancellation, even though delivery was over a month hence and all this took place over a weekend.

Their attitude reminded me of "David Lloyd Leisure" who set the debt collectors on my wife for a cancellation fee even though they had confirmed in writing that her membership had been cancelled according to their terms and no further subscriptions were due. We had our copy, they had lost theirs and would not accept our word for it. We strung them out for weeks before finally faxing a copy of the letter to the debt collectors. Not so much as an apology, some companies are just vile.
  • DoaM
    Options
    LBA followed by court action for the 10% refund - they can then justify the charge in their defence of your claim.

??
  • gevans35
    First Anniversary
    Options
    LBA?

We have a solicitor in the family, I'm sure he'd be delighted to send the jokers a letter on his return from holiday.
  • DoaM
    Options
    If you have a solicitor in the family then he will know what an LBA is. ;)

Letter Before Action
  • tc.
    tc. Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I purchased a memory foam mattress, it came with a 10 year guarantee cost me £700. The lining started to come apart at the seams , i contacted dreams, they sent out there insurance company. I then received a letter from them saying they wouldnt do anything, because the mattress hadnt been treated properly, we sleep in our bed, What else can we do to mistreat a mattress. I have purchased mattresses for my children in the past from other companies much cheaper and they have always been good. Never have i had such a terrible mattress. The 10 year guarantee isnt worth the paper its written on.
  • Jamie_Carter
    Jamie_Carter Posts: 5,282 Forumite
    Options
    tc. wrote: »
    I purchased a memory foam mattress, it came with a 10 year guarantee cost me £700. The lining started to come apart at the seams , i contacted dreams, they sent out there insurance company. I then received a letter from them saying they wouldnt do anything, because the mattress hadnt been treated properly, we sleep in our bed, What else can we do to mistreat a mattress. I have purchased mattresses for my children in the past from other companies much cheaper and they have always been good. Never have i had such a terrible mattress. The 10 year guarantee isnt worth the paper its written on.

Go to Trading Standards
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport