Barclaycard World MasterCard (Ex Egg Money) Being Replaced with Amex + Visa Combo

Comments

• Gambler
    Gambler Posts: 3,210
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Amex platinum card looks interesting if you spend over £10k annually. Had the gold card before Xmas and there are more retailers accepting it now than years ago.
  • Got the Letter too...
    Time to DITCH & SWITCH... I have an Amex Platinum already... and I'm sure there will be better alternatives to the 0.5% cashback....

What we need is a MSE Credit card... if it was 1/2 decent cashback/interest rates I'm sure Millions would sing up to such a trusted 'Brand'
    I am NOT a Woman! - its Overland Landy (as in A Landrover that travels Overland):rolleyes:

Better to be approximately right than precisely wrong.
  • DesG
    DesG Posts: 1,288
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Doshwaster wrote: »
    Well, it was bound to happen at some point.

Most of my cashback comes from Amazon and British Airways and both of them them accept Amex so it's not too much of a loss.

It's just as shame they are switching from MC to Visa as that will leave me without a MC now. It's always noce to have at least one CC from each network in case of any problems.

Maybe you should look at the Amazon CC, has 2% on Amazon spends, 1% elsewhere, and it is a Mastercard.

Assuming cashback as Amazon vouchers is good for you.

Cheers, Des.
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,130
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    DesG wrote: »
    Maybe you should look at the Amazon CC, has 2% on Amazon spends, 1% elsewhere, and it is a Mastercard.

Assuming cashback as Amazon vouchers is good for you.

Cheers, Des.

Sounds interesting. I'll take a look.
  • Gambler wrote: »
    Originally had the egg card for many years now.
    Oh, how I miss that green Egg card. Those were the days. If you remember, it used to pay in-credit interest too at good rates!
  • Doshwaster wrote: »
    Sounds interesting. I'll take a look.

just about to do the same... Thanks.
    Amazon vouchers would be as handy as £ these days!
    I am NOT a Woman! - its Overland Landy (as in A Landrover that travels Overland):rolleyes:

Better to be approximately right than precisely wrong.
  • I've got the letter, I'm a bit disappointed but not surprised.

I remember this card being an Egg card before Barclaycard, was it Goldfish card before that?
    Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it.
  • I've got the letter, I'm a bit disappointed but not surprised.

I remember this card being an Egg card before Barclaycard, was it Goldfish card before that?

No it was always Egg
    Proud to be a member of the Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Gang.:D:T
  • malc_b
    malc_b Posts: 1,081
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I dunno if it is worth it but I've complained to Barclaycard about the change telling them to make it formal so I can take to the regulator. This is a reduction in the features offered by the card, no matter what spin they try to put on it. When capital one dropped the free travel insurance they gave £10 per year in compensation. There is no compensation from Barclaycard for the loss of free extended warranty etc. so it seems to me it could be argued that they are in breach of contract, maybe.

Other that that I'd say all users at least write/email barclaycard to tell them what a rubbish idea it is, how unhappy users are, and how many users tell will lose.
  • Just got an email from home to tell me about this letter. Need to find a new card now, not interested in Amex want MasterCard/Visa. Not sure where to go now, but don't want a fee, might just look for a non-cashback that does a decent extended warranty.

But I will be leaving as a matter of principle over this change. We all worried that they would screw us after they took over Egg, and hear it is.

So any credit card companies that want a sudden influx of new customers, here is your chance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure