PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS daily thread - Monday 8th Sept

Options

Comments

• mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    morning all

happy anniversary to the whatatwits:beer: .
    really busy weekend here, swapping the kids bedrooms round got a new bed for eldest DS and built that up. even defrosted the freezer so i can make a start on filling that again now.
    wm done its first load of the day but got to wait for the stuff outside to dry before i can hang it out.
    got to iron later adn spotted a load of blackberries the other side of the park i mght have to nip out with a bowl in a sec and see if they're enough to do anything with;).
    managed to de clutter a bit there are 8 recycling bags of paper out ready for collection on friday:T .

hugs to all those in want or need of one and congratulations to those having reason to celebrate
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Triggles
    Triggles Posts: 2,281 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all. I just sat down to browse a bit and DS woke up from his nap. So that was a short break. I've got a lot to do today and really no good reason to avoid it other than a little sleepy as DS was ill during night and kept me up some.

Well, off to attend to DS.
    MSE mum of DS(7), and DS(4) (and 2 adult DCs as well!)
    DFW Long haul supporters No 210
    :snow_grin Christmas 2013 is coming soon!!! :xmastree:
  • wannabe_sybil
    Options
    Congratulations and happy anniversary to whatatwit - how many years is it? Is it a big one or just one of those times when you look back and thing 'I actually went and got married!'

Candygirl - I am so sorry that your Darling Daughter is having such a rough time. Apparently (according to some research by dear heart when I was carrying little bear) some men react badly to the pregnancy hormones and become extremely aggressive - which is why so much domestic violence starts during pregnancy. Dear heart was never aggressive, but I could perhaps make a case for irritating. Perhaps your dear daughter's boyfriend will calm down later.

(just as an aside - they have to ask about domestic violence in pregnancy and I do understand that, but why they thought it was a good idea to ask me in front of dear heart I have no idea. As it was he was not at all aggressive but if he had been beating me to within an inch of my life, why would I tell them that if he was standing next to me?)

I'm afraid I haven't caught up with the weekend's threads :o so I am confident I have missed a great deal of news. Hugs to all.

Feeling very woozy and ill - don't know why. Also feel like I have morning sickness but as it is that time of the month, and I haven't actually, you know, thing, then I suspect my age is affecting my hormones. I have an appointment with the Doctor tomorrow but I feel so poorly I may have to cancel.

But I shall have to pull myself together and buck up as we go on holiday on Friday!!! To Pickering - where there has been flooding :eek: I looking forward to the holiday a great deal - I have almost everything crossed! Apparently waters are receding and we may get some dry weather. I just can't wait to see little bear's face when he stands on sand for the first time. Of course we shall be visiting Whitby! I went in a museum for the first time when I was 18 months old, and I was expected to behave. Little bear will be around 21 months old and will probably just be good because he is! So while a museum might be asking a lot of a little bear, a castle or abbey with lots of grass to run around on should be fine.

It appears that the first load of washing is done (putting it on tumble dry now - very disappointing) and I need to bake. I want to deep clean all the kitchen, pulling things out and getting over enthusiastic - I may have to do it in small increments. I also want to get all the recently accumulated ironing done in order to see what clothes are available. I bought a lot for little bear on Saturday. I went into Next to get their four t-shirts for £9 and they are lovely and great value for money. The only reason I was able to resist the leather look flying jacket (for a baby!) was because they didn't have it in his size.

The fleece sleep suits in Primark fit little bear admirably, but one already has a hole in. Regrettably they seem to be the only place that do them in little bear's size, as Primark on Saturday morning is hell!

Evil cat was making friends with the neighbour this morning - I think she suspects or knows who will be feeding her while we are away and is getting on the right side of them!

Hugs to all.
    Ankh Morpork Sunshine Sanctuary for Sick Dragons - don't let my flame go out!
  • troo
    troo Posts: 252 Forumite
    Options
    The washing is on the line :T :rotfl: Can't believe it's not raining :D

I went out for an hour's weeding and managed to squash a slug in my hand :rolleyes: I had to use a nail brush to scrub the slug juice off :eek:

I've scanned with everything I've got, I can see pics and use smilies now but the only site that won't load pics properly is photobucket. So Aussie, I still can't see your girls but I'm sure they're very pretty :D
    I am a coffee bean
  • ALIBOBSY
    ALIBOBSY Posts: 4,527 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just wanted to say thankyou to all the numerous posters on this board. I am loving really getting OS in our house.
    I love my kenwood chef (bought with my goldenballs win) and the kids are enjoying all the results including a loaf which is much better than the lumps I used to get from my old breadmaker.

A couple of weeks ago my aunty gave me her old slow cooker (she had only used it a couple of times then stuck it in a cupboard) and with all the stews and chilli et al I have done in it recently it has hardly been off.

Got loads of recipes off these boards and my kids lunchboxes have never looked so good.

We have not bought a lettuce all summer due to my raised beds so next year we are planing even more veggie growth.

Kids had "home" birthday parties and parents still tell me the kids said it was the best party ever lol. I may have started a trend as there has been one home party shortly after and a few more have been asking me about it.
    Best idea from here was have a theme. I also said lets open pressies straight away instead of this pile the gifts up to open later rubbish. We even had those little silver 70's bowls for the jelly and ice cream.

Been getting more sorted with the fly ladies as well. Hubby is loving it, keeps making noises about domestic goddess and kissing my feet (well almost):rotfl: .
    The only trouble is fitting it all in! Too easy to spend hours reading and not getting the jobs done :o .

ali x
    "Overthinking every little thing
    Acknowledge the bell you cant unring"

• poppyoscar_3
    Options
    Quick update - am at work and not allowed to do this!!!!

HE GOT THE VISA!!!!!!!

HE'S COMING ON THE 25TH!!!!!

Someone tell me I'm not dreaming!

PO xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    :D2010 MFW Challenge No. 112 Mortgage paid in full 27/08/10 I was MF!!!:D
    But now I'm not - (Joint) Mortgage £104704.
    New MFW target £5000 overpayments by 31/12/2105 £400/£5000 = 8%
    SAVINGS TARGET - £25000 by 31/12/2015 £13643/£25000 = 55%
    No 17 Lewis Lane
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    ALIBOBSY wrote: »
    Just wanted to say thankyou to all the numerous posters on this board. I am loving really getting OS in our house.
    I love my kenwood chef (bought with my goldenballs win) and the kids are enjoying all the results including a loaf which is much better than the lumps I used to get from my old breadmaker.

A couple of weeks ago my aunty gave me her old slow cooker (she had only used it a couple of times then stuck it in a cupboard) and with all the stews and chilli et al I have done in it recently it has hardly been off.

Got loads of recipes off these boards and my kids lunchboxes have never looked so good.

We have not bought a lettuce all summer due to my raised beds so next year we are planing even more veggie growth.

Kids had "home" birthday parties and parents still tell me the kids said it was the best party ever lol. I may have started a trend as there has been one home party shortly after and a few more have been asking me about it.
    Best idea from here was have a theme. I also said lets open pressies straight away instead of this pile the gifts up to open later rubbish. We even had those little silver 70's bowls for the jelly and ice cream.

Been getting more sorted with the fly ladies as well. Hubby is loving it, keeps making noises about domestic goddess and kissing my feet (well almost):rotfl: .
    The only trouble is fitting it all in! Too easy to spend hours reading and not getting the jobs done :o .

ali x

Well done :T :j I'll add your post to today's Old Style Daily thread where we talk about the ups and downs of our Old Style days ;)

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congratulations Poppy!

Welcome to Alibobsy - join us domestic goddesses!

(((Hugs))) to you PenPin.

Well, Ive just picked a load more blackberries from the end of the garden - they've been great this year. DH is regretting cutting some of the brambles down earlier this year; we'd have a load more if he'd left them! I have to decide what to do with them - I'm fed up with crumble now!

Wannabesybil - I bet you're really looking forward to your holiday - not long now!

Well, I'd better get something constructive done.

Will catch up later.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • mummysaver
    mummysaver Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Options
    Catznine - what a pain about your card, hope you get your toothache sorted x

Congrats to Poppy and Mr PO - it sounds like you've been waiting a long time, may your life together be lovely.

Alibobsy - welcome! Like the idea of your oh kissing your feet lol!

Sybil - hope you feel better soon, and how exciting that your hol is nearly here, are you planning to take little bear to Whitby Abbey, that has lots of open space for him to run around (so long as he doesn't trip into Dracula's coffin!)

Troo - eek, yuck, slugs! Hope all the slug juice is now off!

Well have done assorted pottering and paperwork, and just remembered that I'm meant to be doing a mystery shop, so best get the details and then head off there! I can claim up to a pound towards anything I might buy, lol, I shall be running amok with that kind of money - to help me control myself I shall be chanting old style, old style, money saving, money saving!

Just had a call from my friend who was round having his post hol blues crisis the other day, he's cheered up immensely as his girlfriend bought him a pressie yesterday - from the tone of his voice I didn't dare ask what, but it's made him happy! So even though she makes it clear that she doesn't like my family at all, I am feeling very kindly towards her!!
    GC Oct £387.69/£400, GC Nov £312.58/£400, GC Dec £111.87/£400
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all.

Mioliere belated happy birthday; sorry I missed it, I don't often get online at all at weekends.

Happy anniversary to The Twits.

Congratulations to Poppyoscar.

RedRuby migraines are horrid; I used to get some real corkers. I hope your DD is feeling a lot better.

(((((Hugs))))) for anyone else I've missed, or any who want one.

Well, not a very eventful weekend. We went to the do at the pub on Saturday, which was great, but yesterday I came down with a filthy cold, so Mr LW has been doing most of the chores. :o He's at home today, because he's on early shift and they work from home when they're on that. So soya mince shepherds pie for lunch, and some bread rolls to be baked. I had a senior moment when I was putting the stuff in the BM to make the dough - nearly forgot to put the butter in! :eek: I remembered in time though, and opened the lid and popped it in; the dough seems the same as usual, so I think I got away with it.:rolleyes:

OK, gotta go, the oven should be ready for the shepherds pie.

Have a good day, all.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure