Aylesbury Associates

It’s a bit confusing but a C and G mortgage was taken out. Some funds were put towards an investment with AA, no fees would ever need to be paid to the mortgage as the investments by AA would cover the mortgage. So it was basically a bundled thing. It was since discovered that C and G got commission from the referrals while claiming to be unrelated.

Lots more online here and there https://www.independent.co.uk/money/sixty-pluses-nonplussed-by-cg-homes-scheme-caroline-merrell-on-the-plight-of-pensioners-whose-costs-1370383.html

Long story short, the last statement says payment of £25k due by 1st Jan 2020 or they can sell it for whatever they want. I don’t have too many details but is anyone else in the same boat? It’s a small number of people who signed up and I think my Nan might be the last surviving member of the sign ups.. and advice appreciated, please bear with me for details as it’s not my knowledge base or my mortgage but grateful for help / advice... think best bet is to save for solicitors but never used one before and there’s about 100 litre box full of paperwork..any ideas on cost? 🙈 side not of a gagging order on her but as it’s public domain it should not count? All a bit of a mess really! But I’m hopeful!
1 step = £250
0/100

Comments

• Edi81
    Edi81 Posts: 1,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    That article was written 25 years ago.

Are you saying this is the first this has come to light about your grandmother?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    hink best bet is to save for solicitors but never used one before and there’s about 100 litre box full of paperwork..any ideas on cost?

£150-£250 per hour.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • grassgirl
    grassgirl Posts: 401 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    There was a gagging order that has recently been breached.
    1 step = £250
    0/100
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family