Barclaycard World MasterCard (Ex Egg Money) Being Replaced with Amex + Visa Combo

1100101102103104106»

Comments

• wizk1
    wizk1 Posts: 911 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Winrick wrote: »
    Hi all,

Sorry to revive an old thread but this is related!

I have an old Barclaycard flexi-rate platinum (10 years old) that paid 1.5% on supermarkets and 0.5% on everything else. I thought I got away with not having to switch to the lower paying 1% amex 0.5% visa combo but got a letter last night.

From 1st Sep 2015 they are replacing it with the same Black Barclaycard Cashback combo that replaced the other products (eg. former egg and Hi5 cards). I thought they missed out the flex-rate holders as there aren't that many of us given how old the product is.

Anyway, anyone else in the same situation? If so what are your plans re negotiation outcomes. I already have the cashback card from another egg card that I had converted so don't want another from this flexi-rate conversion. I seem to recall people holding out for £50 quid credit plus 5% cashback for first £300 quid spent on the card. Then maybe convert to the Hilton credit card (run by barclaycard) for a hotel night stay

Yes. I got the same letter too. I instantly complained that it was out of order to have to carry 4 credit cards to support 2 accounts. I was appeased with £30 goodwill gesture. I'm not playing devil's advocate here. but...:D
  • LosyKar
    LosyKar Posts: 1 Newbie
    me interesa el tema ..

Apoyo la moci!n
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business