Section 75 refunds - article discussion

Comments

• tinker15
    tinker15 Posts: 1,393
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    derrick wrote: »
    120 days is for chargeback, you should be going for Section 75 assuming that you have paid by CC and not debit card.

Yes it is a credit card which is why I was shocked by the response.
    Comping from May 2012 :D

Thank you to all that post & contribute, I think you are wonderful, I could not achieve without your help :)
  • tinker15
    tinker15 Posts: 1,393
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    What are the reasons you have asked to claim the funds back?

Visa regulations are tricky when it comes to hotel bookings.

Under Visa Claims Resolution, your Bank has the right to make a claim within 120 days from the date the services are to be supplied. It does, however, have to be within 540 days from the date of the payment.

If you can provide all of the reasons wanting to claim I can look to help.

Thank you. The booking was for a complete package DBB but they are now revoking the dinner segment and in my opinion for their own greed.
    Comping from May 2012 :D

Thank you to all that post & contribute, I think you are wonderful, I could not achieve without your help :)
  • loony767
    loony767 Posts: 20
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    New subject and hypothetical question. If I pay for ivf on a credit card, but my wife doesn't get pregnant, is that grounds for a claim under section 75 as didn't get what I paid for?
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,034
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    loony767 wrote: »
    New subject and hypothetical question. If I pay for ivf on a credit card, but my wife doesn't get pregnant, is that grounds for a claim under section 75 as didn't get what I paid for?

You are getting the IVF you paid for, they are not selling you a guarantee of pregnancy so no.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • miffymoo
    miffymoo Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 5 January 2020 at 4:37PM
    Any help understanding the nooks and crannies of S78 would be appreciated, please.

A family holiday had been booked, two rooms costing £1,450 each.

A deposit of £1,400 was paid by CC by the primary card holder.

A bank transfer of £440 was then paid as the company offered an incentive deal if a B T payment was made that day, a separate account to the CC company

The remainder of the payment was then paid by Debit card, again a separate account from the CC company.

The Credit Card have now offered me £1450, half of the full amount paid.

Have I read correctly that the whole amount paid is covered under S78, despite the full cost being paid by three separate transactions?

Or has the CC refunded half the amount back correctly?:undecided Thank you
  • Please can anyone offer advice on the following:

-New build home deposit paid on card
    -Options selected at a later appointment
    -I feel some of the options installed were not to an acceptable standard
    -Builder has not resolved
    -NHBC wont cover
    -Section 75 claim - card company refuse to progress as terms on options state "The placing of an order for options forms a separate contract"

Any chance of progression through section 75?

Taylor Wimpey is the developer in question (admin - please remove, if not allowed to mention this)
    I would say look at there Twitter Support feed to judge after-sales service standards
  • vometia
    vometia Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 23 January 2020 at 7:30AM
    ...content moved to its own topic - please ignore...
  • Hello I’m new to this site and have a question sorry if I have posted in the incorrect thread.

I’m just about to book on a training course that costs £14,000 I have to pay up front for the course the company have been going for a while but I’m worried that if they go into administration I will be left with no diploma and would have lost £14k I would like any guidance on if I book the course on a credit card would I be able to claim my money back if the company folds within the 2 years of my studying before I graduate or would it lapse once I start on my course. Any help would be greatly appreciated
  • Jim-G
    Jim-G Posts: 18 Forumite
    Hi there

I want to purchase my holiday with my credit card so I am protected under section 75. However - if I chop my credit card up after I have made the payment, am I still covered?
  • Hi, I currently have an ongoing Section 75 dispute / complaint with Barclaycard. I have followed their requests to the letter - provided them with the terms and conditions, got an independent report into the faulty item that I am claiming for and providing them with copies of the receipts etc.

Now, they have written to me to say that they cannot use independent report which I paid for myself for them to consider the Section 75 complaint...they have said that because the trader trades from a residential address and does not have a website that they are refusing to consider it.

When they asked for the report though, they did not say that I could not use an expert who worked from home and did not have a website, plus I can't really afford to get another independent assessment report done when I already have paid for one.

Any advice welcome please.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport