Good hotel for St Pancras pre Eurostar trip

Tryng to book a hotel for a couple of nights prior to going on Eurostar for my Dad's 80th birthday. There are 4 of us and I am happy to either stay close by (bit costly?) or a little bit further out with good connections into King's Cross/St Pancras. The whole thing is costing me a packet, so any suggestions would be welcome.

Travelling in mid July 2019, but trying to get ahead of the game..

Many thanks for any help.

Comments

• tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,935 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Travelodge Walthamstow is 6 minutes walk from Walthamstow Centre Station (Victoria Line) and its 15 minutes to KC from there. There is a Travelodge more or less outside KC, but it is extremely expensive and difficult to book.

Online reservations aren't available for July yet, but if you call their reservations number on 08715 591857 they might be able to help, or at least tell you when you can book.
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • JulieM
    JulieM Posts: 749 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Newshound! I've been Money Tipped!
    We stayed at Premier Inn St Pancras in October which was fine and about 5 mins walk to the Eurostar terminal. There is also Premier Inn Euston a bit further along the road. About £150 a night excluding breakfast, though we booked late so prices might be better if you book early.
  • lindens
    lindens Posts: 2,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    JulieM wrote: »
    We stayed at Premier Inn St Pancras in October which was fine and about 5 mins walk to the Eurostar terminal. There is also Premier Inn Euston a bit further along the road. About £150 a night excluding breakfast, though we booked late so prices might be better if you book early.

we stayed here too and it was ideal.
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
  • D_M_E
    D_M_E Posts: 3,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Could try Premierinn Bath Road Heathrow for about £50 a room (if any available) then the free bus to Heathrow then tube direct from there to King's Cross (takes about 55 minutes).

Could be a cheaper option.
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,779 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    D_M_E wrote: »
    Could try Premierinn Bath Road Heathrow for about £50 a room (if any available) then the free bus to Heathrow then tube direct from there to King's Cross (takes about 55 minutes).

Could be a cheaper option.

I know this is a money saving site, but sometimes convenience is worth more than saving a few quids. With a train to catch, an 80 year old in tow (?) and luggage, and given it;s a special occasion, I'd stay as close to the station as possible.

I'd go with a nearby Premier Inn or Travelodge - both have hotels at both Euston and Kings Cross.
  • blues
    blues Posts: 268 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    The Pullman hotel at St Pancras is really nice, but may not be cheap
  • Sharon87
    Sharon87 Posts: 4,011 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    p00hsticks wrote: »
    I know this is a money saving site, but sometimes convenience is worth more than saving a few quids. With a train to catch, an 80 year old in tow (?) and luggage, and given it;s a special occasion, I'd stay as close to the station as possible.

I'd go with a nearby Premier Inn or Travelodge - both have hotels at both Euston and Kings Cross.

Agree Heathrow is miles away! Lots of other places to stay a lot closer and also just as cheap. Anywhere on the Northern line or Piccadilly, Victoria in zone 2 will be cheaper.

But I would recommend the Premier Inn or Travelodge on Euston Road near St Pancras.
  • ShaneUK
    ShaneUK Posts: 1,094 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Maybe have a look at AirBnB? Can get some really goods prices on there.
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,277 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    St Pancras is close to Bloomsbury, which is a very pleasant part of London in which to stay. OP said "a couple of nights" so I assume that the time in London is part of the holiday, rather than simply a space to crash before taking the train. In which case the Tavistock Hotel would be a good choice. Failing that, the enormous Royal National is comfortable although I could not bear the breakfast (included with the room). Both are reasonable walking distance from St Pancras, and if a taxi is needed there are traffic-free side streets that could make the journey very quick.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure