Hermes parcel size

Can someone tell me what the maximum parcel size is for Hermes small parcel up to 1 kg £2.79?

Is it same as RM or does it just go on weight now?

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,186 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    moonpenny wrote: »
    Can someone tell me what the maximum parcel size is for Hermes small parcel up to 1 kg £2.79?

Is it same as RM or does it just go on weight now?

Check the site carefully as they have a few restrictions as well , more so than RM.

The parcel size though for printing instore is different again and very generous.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • moonpenny
    moonpenny Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 20 February 2019 at 2:59PM
    All the info is about max sizes - it doesn't mention sizes at all for small.
    The parcel I want to send is 22 x 22 x 31cm high and comes in at just under 1kg (no restricted items)
    I print my own labels and drop off at local parcel shop and send with MyHermes ( not parcel2go etc)
    If it was the old sizes I would have to go up to the next level of £3.99 which I am trying to avoid
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 20 February 2019 at 12:51PM
    All the info is about max sizes - it doesn't mention sizes at all for small. ...........

might there be an English comprehension issue here?
    Look at the thread Jeff quoted, follow the link in it and scroll down.
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • moonpenny
    edited 20 February 2019 at 2:57PM
    mgdavid wrote: »
    might there be an English comprehension issue here?
    Look at the thread Jeff quoted, follow the link in it and scroll down.

Really patronising answer!
    The post you quoted is talking about "parcel2go" and "print in store". I don't want either.
    All these different ways of shipping have different options of sizes / weights.
    For instance (I think on Parcel2go)the measurements for small parcel size are still set at the old sizes the same as RM.
    I know that Hermes changed this last year.
    I take it that there is just an overall max size now and everything just goes on weight
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,186 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The post you quoted is talking about "parcel2go" and "print in store". I don't want either.
    For instance (I think on Parcel2go)the measurements for small parcel size are still set at the old sizes the same as RM.
    I take it that there is just an overall max size now and everything just goes on weight

I'd just use the calculate price option (link posted above) and see what turns up for your parcel.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • moonpenny
    Thanks soolin
    When Hermes last changed the weights / sizes, like you, I am sure I came across the relevant info somewhere but where???

It will teach me a lesson to print things when I come across them in future.
  • jeffuk
    jeffuk Posts: 604 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    If you are on Facebook you can ask on their page.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Hermesparcels/posts/?ref=page_internal
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post

No, it isn't like that. You can't have followed to the second link.

The second one gives the current rule and actual size limits.
    P2G don't have a different ruleset for Hermes they are just reselling (brokering) under the same rules.

"Previously, myHermes pricing was set by weight only. Now that prices on parcels up to 2 kg are based on size instead. That means if you have a parcel of up to 2 kg, you’ll get either a ‘Small’ or ‘Medium’ parcel rate, depending on it’s size."
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure