Hilarious finding about Audi drivers

Options

Comments

• photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    fred246 wrote: »
    I love asking people who have spent a fortune on cars technical questions such as "how many cylinders has it got?" or "Is it front wheel drive?". They normally respond with comments like "it's blue".

Why does it matter

Do you know the answer to technical questions about everything
  • ratrace
    ratrace Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    Why does it matter

Do you know the answer to technical questions about everything

You will find this type, in the local library looking for a book called "How to make babies"by haynes, before partaking in such a complicated endeavour and maknig sure that all the health and safety guidelines have been met lol
    People are caught up in an egotistic artificial rat race to display a false image to society. We want the biggest house, fanciest car, and we don't mind paying the sky high mortgage to put up that show. We sacrifice our biggest assets our health and time, We feel happy when we see people look up to us and see how successful we are”

Rat Race
  • Arklight
    Arklight Posts: 3,171 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    When I used to have the Almera, she was a magnificent Lady of the Roads, in metallic blue. She was a bit slow though, doing 0-60 in about 17 seconds with your foot flat down in 3rd. I can only assume the Audi drivers were secretly quite jealous because it was usually them driving 3 inches behind me from the lights to get a better look, while they waved and went red.

They don't seem as interested in my new car.
  • fred246
    fred246 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    Options
    It reminds me of an interview I once saw of people that had camped out for 3 nights to get the latest iPhone. The interviewer asked them what feature of the phone they were particularly interested in. They hadn't got a clue! No idea of any new features. Just wanted to be seen with latest iPhone. You do have to feel sorry for these people.
  • barryisland
    barryisland Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 13 July 2018 at 11:03AM
    Options
    It reminds me of an interview I once saw of people that had camped out for 3 nights to get the latest iPhone. The interviewer asked them what feature of the phone they were particularly interested in. They hadn't got a clue! No idea of any new features. Just wanted to be seen with latest iPhone. You do have to feel sorry for these people.

Why?

If thats what gets them through then fine. I personally wouldnt, however i dont go round judging other people on what they do or have and then smugly feel sorry for them, as you seem to do. What does it matter to you what they do? They've the memory of the excitement and the anticipation and something to share with their mates.

Maybe in 20 years time they'll look back and say to their mates "hey remember the time we camped out for the new iPhone, sure hadnt we great craic?" Or maybe they'll think "well that was dumb but i was young at the time and thought no better of it". Who cares?

Its their lives, their money.

If your life is so perfect, why are so many of your posts about you judging others and adapting a superior stance? Is it that important to you to feel better than them? Does that not say something about you not them?
  • scaredofdebt
    scaredofdebt Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge - Total to date £2,108
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    This completely fits with my perception of Audi drivers as vacuous cretins obsessed with shiny bling but without a brain cell in their heads?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/consumer-affairs/should-rent-next-car/?li_source=LI&li_medium=li-recommendation-widget
    PCP was mostly used for new vehicles, under four years old, with Audis the most popular choice.

Why am I not surprised that Audi drivers would hock themselves up to the neck to drive an Audi they don't own? Are they (gasp!) a bit shallow and thick?

I dunno. I'll ask myself when I look in the mirror tonight, not that I currently have one. I have a BMW right now..... cuz I iz so stupidooo.

No offence, but you come across like the dimtard in this thread. Your OP actually undermines whatever point it is you are trying to make.
  • Stoke
    Options
    I love asking people who have spent a fortune on cars technical questions such as "how many cylinders has it got?" or "Is it front wheel drive?". They normally respond with comments like "it's blue".

Yeah..... and I suspect that when you ask them how many cylinders that 60 grand RS4 has, as they stand their sporting a 3 grand Omega Seamaster 300, outside their massive house in Alderley Edge...... they're really really jealous of you, and your 1989 Ford Orion "dat i'm gonna stick a cosseh engine in one daaay".

No..... they're not. They don't give a !!!!.
  • Stoke
    Options
    docmatt wrote: »
    Vacuous cretins? Really?

My missus has a little Audi and she’s not a cretin. She went to university to study hard and now has a good job.

That word...job. Perhaps if you got yourself a job instead of posting on internet forums over 20 times a day during times everyone else is working hard then you could have nice things too.

You utter bafoon.

Yeah but this is MSE, so people shouldn't be allowed nice things!!!! Unless they're cheap and nasty.

I'm all for Bangernomics (heck, check out my very many contributions in the Bangernomics thread) and I'm all for cheap motoring.... however, if someone works hard 5 days a week and decides one day to buy an Audi. Crack on. Same for a BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, Lexus, any of the luxury cars. Crack right on and enjoy yourself while you are at it. You only live once and you definitely don't take it with you.

I'm not suggesting people should over stretch just to own something flash, but I really have no issue with someone buying a 'nice' (subjective) car if they have the money to do so. What I have an issue with, is people who finance themselves up to the eyeballs with stuff from Brighthouse and cars on PCP. They are the people who I think are taking serious risks.

Of course, the only MSE approved vehicle is the Dacia Sandero....... not that anyone truly wants to own one..... but you get MSE points.
  • fred246
    fred246 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    Options
    A Dacia Sandero and an Audi would do the same job. I would trust the Sandero to be more reliable as it has tried and trusted parts and less gimmicks. I would expect repair costs to be lower. I would be happier to park the Sandero anywhere. I would feel it was less likely to be vandalised. Dacias are proving to be very popular. People like the idea of a car that just does the job and doesn't try to be too clever.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure