Slimming For Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Comments

• Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Can I just say I did not watch the game tonight despite no dress tokens coming my way.

Obviously the curse of the game being on ITV was greater than my lucky knickers could overcome.

I did however bag this FC7_C2_B20-74_F3-4_CC6-_B2_C4-0_EAFA8_ABC4_A9.jpg

for the wedding of a son of very good friends next year....yes I know it's early but got it for less than £20 so am very pleased with that.

I love the dress.... now we need to know what accessories you will be wearing! x
  • B17c
    B17c Posts: 333 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning everyone! I have a couple of products I was wondering if someone could tell me the syns in please, if no one minds?
    It's:
    Asda frozen breaded/battered onion rings
    essential Waitrose chocolate mousse
    Newman's Own balsamic dressing

Would be very much appreciated! I'm going to join a group near me on Saturday morning and will get new books I think, start fresh... I am also hoping to join a gym near work too, I just cancelled my gym membership elsewhere as it's far too expensive but this one is about £15 a month, I can budget for that!
    Credit Card Debt:[STRIKE]£12991[/STRIKE] £12526
    14/12/18 27/12/18
    Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2019
    #126 £1900/£12526
  • :eek:Weigh in tonight. Really worried but not got reason to, probably just hoping that it a decent loss, although any loss is a loss.

Suggestions for Saturday please. I will be helping at a fundraiser for the day, it is going to be an Italian evening so the day spent helping to prep the food, lay tables & then dish up & wash up afterwards. Need to be there 11:30-12:00, but have a regular charity meeting at 10:00, so trying to plan how to eat. Was initially thinking about having a late cooked breakfast, but that is too tight time wise.

Current thought process is fruit & yoghurt before meeting, then go straight to venue, going to bake egg muffins tomorrow evening, so take some with me, with some salad which I could have late lunch. I know we will all be eating before the event, but much as I would love to eat whatever delightful Italian food is on offer, the syns will be horrendous. Was thinking I may be better off to graze for the day on free food, but would appreciate your thoughts please?
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    joedenise wrote: »

Maman the only crafting I do in the motorhome, and not very often is a bit of crochet. I'm planning on doing some poppies this holiday as our big town is planning a display of poppies, both knitted and crocheted around the town. So will see how many I can get done before the deadline of mid October. Probably not very many because I've only recently started crocheting again so am quite slow and I've got 6 weeks of holidays between now and then:D.

Denise

I take needle felting on holiday with me, as it doesn't take up much room. I'm going to be making poppies too for our village display.
    Zebras rock
  • kathrynha
    B17c wrote: »
    Morning everyone! I have a couple of products I was wondering if someone could tell me the syns in please, if no one minds?
    It's:
    Asda frozen breaded/battered onion rings
    essential Waitrose chocolate mousse
    Newman's Own balsamic dressing

Would be very much appreciated! I'm going to join a group near me on Saturday morning and will get new books I think, start fresh... I am also hoping to join a gym near work too, I just cancelled my gym membership elsewhere as it's far too expensive but this one is about £15 a month, I can budget for that!

Onion rings:
    Beer battered 12.5syns per 100g
    Breaded 11syns per 100g
    Chocolate mousse 6syns per pot
    Dressing 3syns per level tablespoon
    Zebras rock
  • kathrynha
    :eek:Weigh in tonight. Really worried but not got reason to, probably just hoping that it a decent loss, although any loss is a loss.

Suggestions for Saturday please. I will be helping at a fundraiser for the day, it is going to be an Italian evening so the day spent helping to prep the food, lay tables & then dish up & wash up afterwards. Need to be there 11:30-12:00, but have a regular charity meeting at 10:00, so trying to plan how to eat. Was initially thinking about having a late cooked breakfast, but that is too tight time wise.

Current thought process is fruit & yoghurt before meeting, then go straight to venue, going to bake egg muffins tomorrow evening, so take some with me, with some salad which I could have late lunch. I know we will all be eating before the event, but much as I would love to eat whatever delightful Italian food is on offer, the syns will be horrendous. Was thinking I may be better off to graze for the day on free food, but would appreciate your thoughts please?

Good luck for weigh in.

A big protein packed breakfast would be a good start to the day, and your plan of egg muffins and salad for lunch is a good one.
    Italian doesn't have to be too bad. Pasta with a tomato based sauce is okay, just avoid anything creamy or cheesy, and the pizza and garlic bread.
    Zebras rock
  • Sky_
    Sky_ Posts: 605 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Weigh in for me too today, so I'm going to be careful today!

B: FF greek yogurt with berries
    L: Ryvita (B), quark and some fruit
    D: Bean and veg casserole. couscous
    S: Milk (A) in tea and coffee

Have a great day all. :)
    2022. 2% MF challenge. £730/3000
  • kathrynha
    Yesterday was another day that didn't end great. Another ending up in hospital day :(

But feeling better now, so need a good day

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - yogurt and fruit
    Lunch - couscous salad
    Dinner - Chicken stirfry
    Snacks - sf jelly, fruit, hifi bars

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - hifi bars
    Syns - sf jelly (0.5), cheesy bites (5)
    Zebras rock
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,583 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Sorry to hear that kathrynha.:( Is this mostly triggered by the hot weather?

Have you thought about posting on the sewing thread on the OS board denise? Someone on there might have a suggestion or advice on where to get a free pattern.

Today's going to be a good day. I'm visiting a friend later and plan to call into Home Bargains as passing on the way back. If they have noodles then I'll have them with dinner but otherwise it'll be rice. Hopefully I can get some jars of pickled cabbage too. I get through loads of pickles.:D

I had a bit of luck yesterday at our little Co-op. Although most things are ridiculously over priced, they do sell BoB milk 30p cheaper than Sainsbury's. I always take a look at the YS shelf although sometimes even that's far more expensive than Aldi. yesterday was good: courgettes, kale and a bag of stir fry veg all for 42p! They had French beans too but I'm not a big fan unless fried in butter and garlic.;)

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB Weetabix with HEA milk
    L: veggie omelette with pickles
    D: chicken stir fry with noodles/rice?
    Syns: honey in sauce 2.5
  • kathrynha
    Yep the weather is the main cause, although I had hoped to avoid hospital now it's cooled down. Think my body needs to catch up with the change of weather.

Would you like French beans fried in a mixture or the butter and garlic frylights Maman? I use them when cooking mushrooms, and it really makes them taste nice.
    Zebras rock
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport