My journey to a debt free life

Comments

• Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Hope you are enjoying your ride, especially in this heat!
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,385 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Have a super ride! I want to hear all about it!
    Hi Cherry,well my ride was amazing,my horse was called Tom Parker and he was huge:eek: they added me onto a group of ladies who were riding together and they were really nice and friendly,we rode out to one of the Tors on the moor,it was a two hour ride and we got to do a few canters which were fun,they take these horses to our local race track once a year and they do a charity race,my horse has won for the last two years so he has a fair turn of speed on him,for big horses they were surprisingly agile over the rough terrain,we saw several herds of Dartmoor ponies as well,they have been seeing red deer on the rides but we didn't spot any today,all in all it was definitely an experience to remember and one I will hopefully get to do again one day:)
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Onebrokelady
    Hope you are enjoying your ride, especially in this heat!
    The ride was amazing.......the heat not so much.......also lots of flies when we set off but luckily they cleared once we got out on the moor,I have managed to get sunburn on the back of my neck which is annoying,there was a nice breeze on the high ground but not so much further down , we had to sponge them down with lots of water when we got back to cool them off:)
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,009 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    That sounds like sooo much fun! I've been reading my Mum's old diaries from 1953: she would go riding at the weekend and she always described which horse she had, who she rode with, where the canters were and what she jumped. Also if the horse had any traits and tricks, and what the weather was like - I don't know if 1953 was a particularly rainy year but she seemed to get caught in a lot of downpours!

Hopefully you will get to go again. :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Onebrokelady
    That sounds like sooo much fun! I've been reading my Mum's old diaries from 1953: she would go riding at the weekend and she always described which horse she had, who she rode with, where the canters were and what she jumped. Also if the horse had any traits and tricks, and what the weather was like - I don't know if 1953 was a particularly rainy year but she seemed to get caught in a lot of downpours!

Hopefully you will get to go again. :)
    Hi Cherry how lovely to have your mums old diary's,I used to ride every weekend when I was a child,then when i was a teenager I joined forces with my sister and we bought a pony between us,we had lots of fun with him,as soon as I got my first job I bought my own horse who I owned until I met my ex partner,I left home then and couldn't really afford to keep him so I sold him in the pursuit of what I thought was true love,me and my ex are no longer together because he was a serial philanderer and due to bad financial decisions made before we split and the fact that he left me with all the debt I've never been able to own another horse since,hindsight is a wonderful thing and if I had known then what I know now I would have my own horse today, I do however have two wonderful daughters instead:eek::rotfl:
    I must say I too have been caugh out in some spectacular downpours and a couple of memorable thunderstorms :eek:
  • Onebrokelady
    Phew it's hot,I worked yesterday and it was 30 degrees on our ward,I was so hot and sticky all day,however it was lovely and quiet so I got to leave early yet again and one of my colleagues was going too so she gave me a lift home,I was home by 7.45pm instead of 9pm

Today is the first of two days off so I got to have a lovely lie in this morning,unfortunately I must have slept funny last night because I have a really painful neck at the back,looking up hurts quite a bit and looking to the right,I keep on gently moving it so it doesn't get stiff and I want to put my heated wheat cushion on it as that's quite soothing but it's too flaming hot to have that on:eek:
    Despite the neck I have still had a productive day so far,I have polished and hooverd downstairs cleaned the kitchen which looked like a bomb site and Ive walked the dog, I was going to clean the bathroom and do all my washing but my lovely DD2 did it all for me yesterday while I was at work,I just have to iron it all now:eek:I'm planning on doing that later when it's a bit cooler

Im making pasta bake for my tea tonight but I'm going off piste with the recipe and adding Quorn sausages for some added protein,I don't eat enough protein so I'm looking at ways of sneaking it into my meals,luckily the Quorn products that I eat are high in protein so that should help,I also have lots of eggs to use so will be eating more eggs too

I'm just sitting down for a bit now to cool off before I do a bit more,I've got DGS tomorrow so want to get all my jobs done today,I'm going up to see my mum in the morning just to check she is ok and take them some shopping if they need anything
  • Onebrokelady
    Just a quick update before bed,I managed to be all my jobs done today so the ironing is done and I have hooverd the rest of the house,I have another load of washing to peg out in the morning and will iron that tomorrow night when it's cooler and DGS has gone home

Tomorrow I'm popping up to mums in the morning with DGS,she hasn't seen him for ages so it will be nice for her to see how much he has grown,I'm then meeting DD2 for lunch in town,she needs to got to the library so we are going to buy lunch in the cafe there,the cafe has an outside seating area that is part of a big park so we are going to sit out there to eat then DGS can crawl about on the grass
    I also have to go to the post office and to get a few bits of shopping, I made my pasta bake for tea tonight so that will last me for three more meals this week,it's tastes lovely with the sausages in it so I will definitely do it again
    Right I'm off to bed now seeing as I have to get up early tomorrow
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Glad things seem to be going well for you. Good that your mum seems to be recovering well. My mum has her biopsy and blood tests on Thursday, not sure how long till she gets her results.
  • Onebrokelady
    ploppy57 wrote: »
    Glad things seem to be going well for you. Good that your mum seems to be recovering well. My mum has her biopsy and blood tests on Thursday, not sure how long till she gets her results.
    Hi Ploppy,mum gets the results of the op on the 18th at her post op check up,hopefully it hasn't spread anywhere,hope your mum receives good news xx
  • Onebrokelady
    It's fair to say I am shattered now,I looked after DGS today and he was really grumpy,I took him to see my mum and he cried almost the whole time we were there,I wish I hadn't taken him now because I think she could do without it to be honest,he needed to sleep but wouldn't go to sleep, I then went into town to meet DD2 and he fell asleep right on lunch time,it was also really hot today so I don't think that helped much either

Mum is doing ok though she just feels really tired but that's understandable after the last couple of weeks, she wants to meet for lunch in town this Saturday like we normally do but I'm not sure if it's a good idea ,she can't carry anything,I've suggested that if we do meet I take my little shopping trolley to put her bits in then I can pull that around,Dad can either pick her up to take her home again or I can go back with her on the bus

I had a bit of good news today too,DD2 has been able to claim back the money she spent renting a room for her first placement so this means she has that money to use for the second placement she has also saved up quite a bit so when she goes back to uni in September she is going to start paying me rent again,this will make up for the loss of her boyfriends rent when he goes away to uni in September

I have an Occupational Health appointment on Thursday and I am going to request to cut my hours from 34.5 a week to 30,this will mean I will be doing two long days and one shorter day instead of 3 long days a week,I'm hoping the pay rise we are getting in july will go some way to make up the shortfall in my wages or I might have to lower my SC payment if it doesn't,I am doing this for health reasons so hopefully there won't be a problem anywhere
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback