NST May 2018: May the odds be ever in your favour!

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,670 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Have been awol as DS3 is poorly with a nasty virus and conjunctivitis.

Motivation: have short/ medium/ long term goals. Paid £220 to BTL mtge yesterday - medium term goal.
    Money: All DDs except gas/ elec have gone out now (just changed suppliers) so all money left is ours... and there is already virtually none left now until the CB arrives!:eek:
    Move: mixed results with a poorly DS3.
    Activation: What spurs you on? - Small flebay sale last night of one of DS3's toys - he'll get the money, but I benefit from the reduction in the amount of stuff here :D
    Arm yourself :posted musicmagpie items Monday - waiting for the small payment to come through :)
    Appreciate what you have. Be grateful.
    * sunny weather
    * the NHS
    * OH's car bill not being as high as expected
    * more line dried washing
    * snuggles with DS3
    Foodbank/ charity donation of £5. - monthly DD to WWT. 2 bags of items donated to shoebox appeal - new bag started HAve also added lots more items to CS bag - will take it there later this week. Also donated some random foreign coins (ie: not euros or dollars) to school collection - they raise money from them

Pay to your debt/savings FIRST and live off the rest. - done Few small extra payments made since. Also took remaining balance from OH's switching c/ac (unused for several months) and paid to CC (just over £65) OP to mtge of £220.

Plan the month: every single day: what you are doing, what you are eating, - sort of - have written in work days, day when collecting DD from uni, DS3's, my mum's, my sister's, my aunt's and bestie's husband's bdays... Am not going to plan food, though).

Check in every day. oops -am checking in sporadically....

NSDs - 5/19 - not one Mon (OH's car bill) nor yesterday
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Good morning,

might not be an SFD. Need milk, and a few other small bits. Will see if I can hold off till tomorrow.

Struck down with a combination of hay fever and cold again. Was spared most of last year but two years ago had both one after the other or at the same time for about half a year. Please not again. Anyway, was asleep before the kids yesterday and obviously my task list fulfilment suffered ;). Woke up early today and caught up with some of it. Head less fluffy today so should be more productive.

Have a nice day
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Having a bit of a nightmare at the moment. Mum fell during the night on Monday, she managed to crawl to the phone in the bedroom and rang me at 3.30am, when I got there expecting to just get her settled back in bed till morning she had fallen face first and had a huge flap of skin and flesh from her face hanging down and was covered from head to foot in blood.

She's still in hospital at the moment but they were saying all day yesterday she would be discharged that day with no care in place. Can't get a straight answer out of anybody and have no idea what I should be doing.

Other than that all is normal. No spending apart from within budget.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Hugs dolly84. Just keep adjusting to the situation as you find out more and remember to look after you.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Just popping in and having a quick read.

Dolly sorry to hear about your mother, hope she gets the help needed. How awful for you. hugs. xx

Need to rejoin this challenge in June, keeps me in check. Booked a few gigs which I needn't really to but fed up of being home alone, plus they have been good ones.

Thrifty - sympathize with the hayfever, avoid gorse bushes my top tip !
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Lots of love to you dolly - such a stressful situation.

Lost my nsd today by forgetting my lunch at work so I had to buy a sandwich. Other than that I'm keeping the faith as well as I can. I'm definitely doing better than I was when I first showed my face again so that's good news.
  • x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Evening all.
    Not much to report, decent day at work, flying thru my tasks so looks like I'll have a quiet shift on Saturday.

[FONT=&quot]Money[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]know your income and outgoings. Had a text from the bank today 'Not enough money in your account please pay in before 2:30'. I was indignant that I had money where it was needed.
    Turns out my exam cheque came out of a different account than I was expecting. Funds adjusted.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Me[/FONT][FONT=&quot] time:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Look after yourself. Revive an old hobby. Exam practice. Boxing today, so no practice. Exam has how been paid for, so there is no slacking now!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Move[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: Had to do the AM walkies today. Not a happy bunny.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Activation[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: What spurs you on to keep on the path? More 'Extreme Weightloss' on the Youtubes

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Arm[/FONT][FONT=&quot] yourself [/FONT][FONT=&quot]: Whether you opt to work more or to spend less in order to achieve your goal, stand firm against the naysayers. More surveys.
    Planned spends this month - £20 tattoo deposit. £27 T-shirts for Granmas birthday.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]You[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. Appreciate what you have. Be grateful. Today I am grateful for BF getting home a reasonable time to cook me a delishous curry.
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    19 NSD: 13/19 NSDs Achieved. Another NSD.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Minimalism: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Day Sixteen - 16 items. Went to tidy the carrier bag cupboard, found the house deeds and sorted thru the paperwork. Found lots of bank statements etc belonging to the last owner. She even left her expired passport and her bf's birth certificate! Whole lot of paper scrapped, so counting that as 16 items. Also popped a DVD and 2 books into the charity pile.
    [/FONT]

Check in every day. Here I am:)[/FONT]
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Dolly - hope your mum is ok and that decisions get made.

Greent - hope ds3 gets better soon. Who is looking after him when you are invigilating?

Today I am grateful for dh being far less grumpy than of late, for a surprisingly nice email from a difficult colleague, for good pupils, for sorting out an incident quickly, for clearing out some filing cabinet drawers, for taking time to simply stop and enjoy life.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Dolly - Sending you hugs.
    LavenderBee - Thank you.
    NSD: 12/19 Was an NSD today.
    Motivation: To be more mindful regarding spending. This is going to be ongoing. So far doing ok.
    Money: The budget for each category is done.
    Me time: Read some of a book. Did wordsearch and mindfulness colouring. Also lavender oil in the burner.
    Move: Only walked around the school doing errands.
    Activation: To get my spending down to a reasonable amount.
    Arm yourself: Will have to stand strong in my quest against consumerism and acquiring more. Still doing this.
    Donation to charity: Done for the month.
    Grateful for:
    Glad today is over. Stressful time in work.
    For getting a lift by the other temp to near the bus stop of the 1st bus I need to get on the way home.
    For the bulk things in the access area where the gate to steps of the communal bin finally cleared after 2 months.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Last night DS3 and Beloved were both sat on the couch eating pizza, so I snuck into their room and collected a huge bag of recycling. Managed to get it into the brown bin before today's collection. Just putting that because it's an example of 'doing a little bit more' when I am already tired - hope that these will all add up in the end.

Today spent on taxis to and from crafts (many large bags) but had the foresight to take a pack of wraps and a pack of cooked meat (probably the lamb I cooked for Christmas) out of the freezer at the same time as cooking an early lunch, so I had food ready when I got in. Seems such a little thing but makes such a big difference. Thanks to the freezer reorganisation I did when stocktaking, I realised how many of these meat packages there were (cook a whole joint, slice it up and divide into small packs).

Crafts was busy (for me). Only 5 of us there but I went from one end of the table to the other, then round to the other side of the table (over and over again) helping with 4 different projects. Everyone finished something off and lots of lovely things taken home. I had prepared (a bit) for next week as mum has an appointment at the far side of the borough and I may not get back in time but the people who live on site are going to the zoo so cancelled next week.

Had to wait for my taxi home so put ribbons/ bows/ tape round the hug boxes we had wrapped. Had a little production line going in the last 20 minutes so I could leave the wrapping paper at home next week. Then the noisy one asked if she could have 'a piece' of the turquoise paper - I umrolled it and she kept saying 'a bit more' and in the end I handed over the roll - one less thing in my room. Paper was bought for Christmas and not used.

Very tired now and 'heavy', both my upper arms aching. Have had a snooze but think I will still sleep. Will do a few more extra bits before I settle down to read.

Today I am grateful for lovely weather, for companionship and successfully completed projects at crafts, for yummy food, for feeling relaxed and peaceful and more 'in charge' of my life (still lots to do), for the lovely evening sunshine (the Town Hall is red brick and it glows in the evening sun), for the neighbours going away tomorrow (will be able to sit quietly in my yard).
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport