MSE News: Major shake-up of Tesco Clubcard rewards scheme

Options

Comments

• Callie22
    Callie22 Posts: 3,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    p00hsticks wrote: »
    Yes, two - one following on immediately from the other - following quite a large gap.

None here. I had loads of Nectar points vouchers in the run up to Christmas but I don't think I've had a money off voucher since September-ish.
  • Norwooder
    Options
    None here. I had loads of Nectar points vouchers in the run up to Christmas but I don't think I've had a money off voucher since September-ish.
    Going to give it a few more weeks, but if nothing comes through I will seriously consider switching to Tesco, for a time.
  • Callie22
    Callie22 Posts: 3,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Norwooder wrote: »
    Going to give it a few more weeks, but if nothing comes through I will seriously consider switching to Tesco, for a time.

I always thought that you tended to get more vouchers if you visited a supermarket less, but I've been using Sainsbury's less and less recently (my local one is awkward to get to) and getting fewer and fewer vouchers - there seems to be fewer till-spits too. I got quite a lot of pretty generous money off vouchers from Waitrose in the run up to Christmas after not using them for a while, but Sainsbury's seems to be a law unto itself since they fiddled about with the Nectar points.
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Is there any news yet on when MSE's victory will end, and the proposed increase from double to triple points on various offers can happen at last?
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Makes little difference to me. Too many venues seem to have ditched / been ditched. The closest days out is now 150 miles. One restaurant at 40 miles, 4 restaurants 75 miles. Looks like I will be spending my vouchers in store, not impressed.
  • petunia100
    petunia100 Posts: 527 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    After talking to Tesco at length, they have not allowed 4 x to continue until June the 10th for RAC. They changed it in January and have kept it at 3 x. I assumed they were delaying to 10th June on all partners. I am now down by £40 on this deal.
  • bodacious
    bodacious Posts: 450 Forumite
    Options
    I stopped using Tesco, and consequently their clubcard scheme, some while ago.

This fiasco is just one more nail in Tesco's coffin I guess.
  • Twopints
    Twopints Posts: 1,770 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    bodacious wrote: »
    I stopped using Tesco, and consequently their clubcard scheme, some while ago.

This fiasco is just one more nail in Tesco's coffin I guess.

Yep, only £1.64bn of profit, an increase of 28%....

Tesco - another nail in the coffin
    Not even wrong
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just binned a £10 Days Out voucher as there was no way to use it. :mad:
  • gropinginthedark
    Options
    I know the points expire but I've been somewhat distracted with a bit of cancer treatment over recent months. I came to look at my stash of clubcard vouchers today and found £14 worth were expired - that represents £1400 spend in their store - so they begrudge me even that miserable 1% incentive!

Loyalty is a two way street, where's Tesco's loyalty to its customers? Compare with Sainsbury (Nectar) which never expire... Or my free newspaper at Waitrose (despite their generally higher prices) is a more valuable incentive.

Anyway I now have a repeating Google calendar entry at the start of the expiry months to check and spend expiring vouchers so at least they're not going to catch me that way again - but doubtless they'll come up with more rip-offs like the recent "devaluation". Time to move on I think.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure