Car insurance penalty points

Options
Hi all.
My insurance is due for renewal, just wanting to know if anyone has any experience with not including there penalty points on there insurance. I got two speeding fines last year (yes I know it’s my fault) and including them in my quotes has almost doubled the price, has anyone ever not included them and not had any problems? Or am I best just including them?
Thanks

Comments

• Faith177
    Faith177 Posts: 2,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    with all the checks that insurers do and the fact you can easily do a dvla check online it is not worth the risk the implications will last far longer and further reaching than paying the extra for a couple of convictions
    First Date 08/11/2008, Moved In Together 01/06/2009, Engaged 01/01/10, Wedding Day 27/04/2013, Baby Moshie due 29/06/2019 :T
  • paddyandstumpy
    Options
    sufcboy wrote: »
    Hi all.
    My insurance is due for renewal, just wanting to know if anyone has any experience with not including there penalty points on there insurance. I got two speeding fines last year (yes I know it’s my fault) and including them in my quotes has almost doubled the price, has anyone ever not included them and not had any problems? Or am I best just including them?
    Thanks

As you're asking if it's ok to commit fraud I'd like to hope you'll get the consistent response to not do it.

Why would you think that's acceptable to lie to reduce your premium, yet I presume you'd still expect the insurer to indemnify you in the event of a claim?
  • garth549
    garth549 Posts: 486 Forumite
    Options
    It would be a very, very bad idea to do this.

At worst, if you had an accident in which you injured someone and your insurer (rightly) voided your policy then you could be left with a debt you'll be paying back for the rest of your life. Debts for PI stay with you forever (even bankruptcy doesn't dissolve them)
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    And the award for this weeks most ridiculous question goes to.......

Why not go the full hog and not bother getting insurance
  • angrycrow
    angrycrow Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    Options
    Given you have already requested quotes with the convictions declared if you now take out a policy without the convictions it will be when the insurer voids your policy not if.

You will then have to declare have insurance cancelled. Your quotes will then be even higher.

Sorry but someone so irresponsible to even consider this has no right to be trusted with a car on public roads.
  • Aretnap
    Aretnap Posts: 5,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    image.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts