New Mortgage Santander Process via MB

Options
Hi all
Hopefully someone can help me out and give me some advice. I currently live in Scotland and in the process of trying to get a mortgage .

In the past I have financial issues but most of this has now cleared mf my mortgage. My Experian account is now clear or any defaults or issues that I can see.

My MB recommended Santander for a Mortgage based on a 2 year Fixed Rate of 2.99. this seemed fair to me and I was Acpected in AIP.

My partner and I have submitted all documents to the MB now.

The MB seems so lack any update when I ask for one. I have called again tonight for an update. I have been told that vaulation was booked for today. I assume that they have gone for a Valuation that this a a good steep forward or am I reading in to this to much ?

I can see that Santander did a hard search on the 13th of November. This in turn has dropped my credit score on the Experian site.

The whole process is making me very stressed.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    It all seems to be moving along nicely. Don't worry about the score changing. It doesn't mean anything.
  • Stuffedhead
    Options
    I assume the Vaulation is a good step forward ?
  • It's very very rare for an accepted application to be declined with santander in my experience.
    If it is, it would be on a disagreement on income calculation. They do a robust credit search and I've never had credit history in a case even questioned never mind overturned
  • Stuffedhead
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I have just found out by the Estate Agent that the Valuation was done yesterday. So finger cross we get a good news soon.
  • Stuffedhead
    Options
    So I have just called the MB and they have adviced me that the applcation is back with the Underwrighter. This is far to stressfull !
  • Stuffedhead
    Options
    So we had the MB back on the phone today asking for .ore Documentation. One being Car Finance statements (Which I only get Annually in July) and 3 months more banks statements of the accounts that our bills get paid from ( this is a joint account) that I have already given the MB.

I am getting worried now that MB has no clue or Santander will not give us the mortgage.
  • LRmortgage
    Options
    In my experience if they want to decline you. They will decline you.
    The fact that they are asking for more documents says to me they are still in a position to consider your case and want further clarification.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Stuffedhead
    Options
    Here's hopping. I am angry with the MB as they did not submit all the documents we have them .
  • Stuffedhead
    Options
    We have just now been adviced that the appcation is now back with the Underwriter
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We have just now been adviced that the appcation is now back with the Underwriter

An underwriter is the one that has the authority to issue an offer on behalf of the lender. Standard procedure.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure