Vodafone / BroadbandChoices / Amazon Gift Card

2»

Comments

• I purchased vodafone broadband after taking up a similar offer advertised on this site - this was for an echo dot and a £100 amazon voucher. Vodafone haven't replied to my queries on either, although I did get a response from MSE when I emailed, again saying to try again in 120 days after my order.

Given that this seems to be happening to other people, I'm going to wait but if nothing materialises I'd suggest reporting both MSE and Vodafone to trading standards - at the very least if this offer isn't being honoured by vodafone it shouldn't be advertised on this site - particularly as the headline in the MSE email detailing the monthly cost of the broadband deal takes into account the discount after the £100.

I find it a bit surprising to find this from a consumer champion site! - was happy buying it through here as I've found it useful and they earn a commission on these sales.

Happily the broadband itself seems fine!
  • Tharweb
    Tharweb Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    kimondo wrote: »
    I purchased vodafone broadband after taking up a similar offer advertised on this site - this was for an echo dot and a £100 amazon voucher. Vodafone haven't replied to my queries on either, although I did get a response from MSE when I emailed, again saying to try again in 120 days after my order.

Given that this seems to be happening to other people, I'm going to wait but if nothing materialises I'd suggest reporting both MSE and Vodafone to trading standards - at the very least if this offer isn't being honoured by vodafone it shouldn't be advertised on this site - particularly as the headline in the MSE email detailing the monthly cost of the broadband deal takes into account the discount after the £100.

I find it a bit surprising to find this from a consumer champion site! - was happy buying it through here as I've found it useful and they earn a commission on these sales.

Happily the broadband itself seems fine!

I signed up for the Echo Dot and £100 voucher offer on 19th August (the day after the Echo Plus offer ended :(), so I'm presuming you signed up around the same time or just after me? I was sent the code for the Echo Dot on 15th October and it has been delivered today, so just under two months from ordering although I wasn't connected until 23rd September.

The gift card status page is still showing as "Purchase made" awaiting "Purchase verified", so I have set a date in my calendar to check for the gift card at 120 days if that doesn't come through before then.
    This site has saved me a fortune :money: ...it's also cost me a fortune! :doh:
    © Tharweb 2006 :D
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Got an email few days ago about the voucher after going live Early August, genuine voucher and I claimed it
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • Tharweb
    Tharweb Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    csgohan4 wrote: »
    Got an email few days ago about the voucher after going live Early August, genuine voucher and I claimed it

I got the email to claim the £100 voucher on Wednesday, along with a few other people. It seems they put them through in batches. Vodafone/Broadband Choices came though with the promised bundled offers and the broadband has been faultless.
    This site has saved me a fortune :money: ...it's also cost me a fortune! :doh:
    © Tharweb 2006 :D
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Wednesday was the day for me too.

I think I went thru MSE
  • I went for the 100 pounds voucher plus echo dot offer in September. The echo dot has pitched up, but I'm still waiting for the voucher. When I placed the broadband order I received an email from wegift saying it would take up to 120 days for the voucher to arrive.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure