Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Arthog
    • By Arthog 9th Nov 19, 7:12 PM
    • 187Posts
    • 221Thanks
    Arthog
    Where should I store pots of bulbs?
    • 9th Nov 19, 7:12 PM
    Where should I store pots of bulbs? 9th Nov 19 at 7:12 PM
    I've planted up spare 5-inch terracotta pots with Hyacinths and miniature Narcissi. They are intended to be sold to raise funds for the charity where I volunteer.
    Where should I store the pots for the Winter? Could be outdoors, in the cold greenhouse, or in the house.
    They'll be taken in to be sold as and when they look good next year.

I've also planted sprouting root ginger. They are in the greenhouse but don't look happy. Would they do better in the house do you think?
Page 1
    • unrecordings
    • By unrecordings 9th Nov 19, 8:02 PM
    • 1,464 Posts
    • 5,191 Thanks
    unrecordings
    • 9th Nov 19, 8:02 PM
    • 9th Nov 19, 8:02 PM
    Ginger in the house definitely if it's the supermarket variety. Mine sits on a windowsill above a radiator and seems quite happy
    I've some Japanese Ginger which is supposed to be quite hardy but as this is its first winter, I'm also keeping it indoors this time around
    Why am I in this handcart and where are we going ?
    • Farway
    • By Farway 10th Nov 19, 9:04 AM
    • 7,778 Posts
    • 15,672 Thanks
    Farway
    • 10th Nov 19, 9:04 AM
    • 10th Nov 19, 9:04 AM
    I've planted up spare 5-inch terracotta pots with Hyacinths and miniature Narcissi. They are intended to be sold to raise funds for the charity where I volunteer.
    Where should I store the pots for the Winter? Could be outdoors, in the cold greenhouse, or in the house.
    They'll be taken in to be sold as and when they look good next year.
    Originally posted by Arthog
    I'd opt for outdoors in a sheltered spot, reason being you want flowers and not forced leaves which could happen if too warm, even in cold greenhouse on a sunny day

Plus slight possibility of aphids if warm, not much likelihood outdoors overwinter

Once buds are showing and nearly ready then you could move into cold greenhouse just for a bit of a boost prior to sale
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

139Posts Today

1,794Users online

Martin's Twitter