April's Bring Your Lunch To Work

Comments

• Ooh this looks like a good idea, I have 15 working days this month, I'm going to go for all 15.
    1 day down on Monday, I enjoyed my homemade sandwich just as much as a supermarket one, if not more.
    Glad to have found this thread as today I added up what I spent on takeaway/buying my lunch (my partner doesnt work) in the last 3 months and it was an average of £80 a month! That feels like a lot of money to 'throw away' when we're on a single income, so hoping being more organised with cooking will help save some money... And maybe might get some ideas from people what to take for lunch!

Welcome to the thread, I've added you to the list above.

Good luck xx
  • day 1 & 2: fish finger sandwich

Do you precook the fish fingers and reheat or just eat it cold?

We have a microwave on site and wondered if they can be cooked in that?
  • Good morning and Happy Wednesday :D

Sorry that I have been AWOL, but I wasn't able to access the forums on my laptop and I couldn't see enough to do it on my phone.

All fixed now and I have updated the list above.

I'm up to 3 days now :) I have had salad the first two days and today I have a cheese, cucumber and salad cream sandwich and a cuppa soup.

Have a great day xx
  • abbe89
    abbe89 Posts: 289 Forumite
    Day 3 - I had a noodle pot today. Very dull but I forgot my lunch and this was in my drawer!
  • abbe89 wrote: »
    Day 3 - I had a noodle pot today. Very dull but I forgot my lunch and this was in my drawer!

I buy the king ones when they are on offer and have them stashed in my drawer just in case.
  • In_Debt_Bet
    In_Debt_Bet Posts: 251 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Day 3 done, peanut butter sandwich, bag of hula hoops and a kit kit - not very healthy, must try harder next week, this week I’m just making do with what I’ve got in the fridge and cupboards.
    Worrying won't stop bad stuff from happening, it just stops you from enjoying the good.
  • abbe89
    abbe89 Posts: 289 Forumite
    Day 4 - jacket potato with beans for me!
  • In_Debt_Bet
    In_Debt_Bet Posts: 251 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Day 4 done, hard boiled egg & salad cream sandwich x
    Worrying won't stop bad stuff from happening, it just stops you from enjoying the good.
  • Yesterday I was good, took my lunch. Today I overslept and didnt have time to throw anything together. So I'll have to buy something at work :(
    Thats 2/15 for me so far.
  • Yesterday I was good, took my lunch. Today I overslept and didnt have time to throw anything together. So I'll have to buy something at work :(
    Thats 2/15 for me so far.

It happens, so don't worry :D xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family