No fault accident claim queries ...

Comments

• alfie1950
    alfie1950 Posts: 166 Forumite
    OP...be prepared for what you will be buying next ...normally as soon as you receive the settlement cheque you have to hand the hire car back.
    They don't usually give extra time to find something!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,091 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Just_Focus wrote: »

You're right. Unless the commenters above are correct that I should have been claiming off the learner rather than the car roller.

Car A - Mine. Insured by Admiral.
    Car B - Learner vehicle. Collided with mine. Insured by A.N. Other insurer.
    Car C - Rolled over vehicle. At fault according to police. Insured by Admiral.

You need to claim off of Car B, learner, insurance who will in turn claim from Car C, vehicle at fault
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    caprikid1 wrote: »
    I would rather walk than drive a Corsa. I have no car snobbery
    the car I choose to drive on a daily basis is a 2003 VW golf.
    For some of us there is heritage and enjoyment attached to the cars we chose to own and drive.
    Do excuse me a second...
    regina-hall-popcorn-gif.gif
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 13,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 16 April 2019 at 6:17PM
    Ms Duck, in the words of the great Alan P, "I'm not driving a Mini Metro".

Judging by the tone of your reply and the in-depth knowledge of the way the insurance industry works you either work in it or spend too much time on here.

I would rather walk than drive a Corsa. I have no car snobbery , the car I choose to drive on a daily basis is a 2003 VW golf.

I also chose to drive other cars which due to a very poor insurance company I am being deprived off. Not sure why I should be paying for a car I cannot use .

What you clearly don't understand is the difference between transport and hobbies. I appreciate in this world of PCPs and rental agreements that cars for many are either status symbols or white goods. For some of us there is heritage and enjoyment attached to the cars we chose to own and drive.
    "Try saying it again, I'll just talk over you." :rotfl:

In-depth knowledge? No, just a little more knowledge than you appear to have, which certainly doesn't qualify as in-depth. Maybe I've just read the terms and conditions of the very expensive annual product I buy. It's called due diligence. Try it, you may learn something.
  • caprikid1
    caprikid1 Posts: 2,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    I think you are misunderstanding the situation, there is no need to read my policy as my policy has no bearing on the situation what so ever. I would suggest that the third party has to settle my losses in line with previous case law around what's considered acceptable not even their policy terms as I am not party to them, or in this case the lowest possible amount they can bully claimants into paying out.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I think you are misunderstanding the situation, there is no need to read my policy as my policy has no bearing on the situation what so ever.
    It does if you're claiming off your policy.

I would suggest that the third party has to settle my losses in line with previous case law around what's considered acceptable not even their policy terms as I am not party to them, or in this case the lowest possible amount they can bully claimants into paying out.
    Yes, it does. Mitigating losses and costs is a core responsibility for any claimant in any situation.
  • caprikid1
    AdrianC wrote: »
    It does if you're claiming off your policy.

Yes, it does. Mitigating losses and costs is a core responsibility for any claimant in any situation.

I am not claiming against my policy , I think not have a replacement car for over a month would be considered mitigating the losses.
  • caprikid1
    I actually made the mistake of trying to keep costs as low as possible by just dealing with the third parties insurer.
  • Just_Focus
    Just_Focus Posts: 20 Forumite
    Can anyone advise me on what to do when the third party insurer inevitably undervalues my car via the trade guides? My car is a 2011 Audi A4 Avant 2 litre TFSI manual with top spec (full leather, sun-roof, heated seats etc.). I looked for months for the exact vehicle as I wanted a petrol to avoid the T Charge that has now been implemented in central London. As a result, petrol vehicles were (and probably still are) costing a lot more inside the M25. The car had also just had a c.£5K engine rebuild (oil-burn issue affecting TFSI engines from that period) under a recall and so the engine was sweet for another 100,000 miles at least. I also paid an additional £500 for a 1 year no quibble warranty and only bought the vehicle 5 months ago. Any advice is appreciated, but it looks likely that I'll lose about £3K due to an accident that wasn't my fault at all. There is no way I can replace with anything like my vehicle for that money if you look on Autotrader.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Collect evidence of what a similar model/age/mileage would cost

Though bear in mind asking prices are not market value!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure