3 - 6 month Emergency Fund Challenge (part 2)

Comments

• Scrimps
    Scrimps Posts: 362
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Could I join please? We had a emergency fund of 6k but just had to take 3k out for a variety of car disasters and a new/second hand car purchase, at the same time as going down to 1 salary for the next 2 months due to maternity leave :eek: (thank goodness for emergency funds though, the series of issues would have been a lot more stressful without it)

We need to get it back to 6k asap but my target to aim for for this challenge is to add 3k to it. :o
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,133
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Ambassador
    Scrimps wrote: »
    Could I join please? We had a emergency fund of 6k but just had to take 3k out for a variety of car disasters and a new/second hand car purchase, at the same time as going down to 1 salary for the next 2 months due to maternity leave :eek: (thank goodness for emergency funds though, the series of issues would have been a lot more stressful without it)

We need to get it back to 6k asap but my target to aim for for this challenge is to add 3k to it. :o

Welcome Scrimps :hello:
    You are #22 - I've added your full goal to post #2. If you would rather it amended to £3k let me know.
    I don't think we realise the importance of an EF until we need it. Keep us updated, we will be cheering you on from the sidelines.
    Dobbi.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • No. 12 checking in - another £55 tidied from my budget and added to the EF. This takes me to £1255/£5400.
  • skye_blue
    skye_blue Posts: 301
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Hi (No 2)

Nothing saved for a few weeks due to family member in hospital and all associated costs really add up (parking, extra petrol for journeys, treats for patient etc)

So just my £20 interest to add

Ive not given up just come to a temporary halt but after this months car insurance has been paid for hopefully back at it again

Have a great easter break everyone and thanks to the people who have to work

Thanks
  • Another entry for me please - an unexpected few hundred extra means my EF can go up to 30%!

No. 12 now £1620/5400 :)
  • MrsMouse
    MrsMouse Posts: 61
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Afternoon everyone, number 15 checking in with an extra £49.00 please Dobbibill :)

Have a lovely Easter.
    MrsMouse
    #47 - 2020 MFW 449.29/1200
    #15 - 3/6 month Emergency Fund Challenge 661.89

2019 ~~ MFW: 1122.33 / EF: £1000
  • Dobbibill
    Ambassador
    Post #2 updated.

Well done to everyone managing to top up their EF. Even a little here and there makes a difference when you reflect back.

My update - A cheeky £100 added so back up to £5550/£6000 for the moment aka 92.50%

Keep on keeping on

Dobbi :D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• nyc_451
    nyc_451 Posts: 502
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    #9 Added a tiny bit to my savings, now it's £1,161/£3,000.

Currently putting some monies away for a holiday in a few months time. Not that I'm in a position to take holidays, but need to visit my parent and that always ends up being expensive as I feel obliged to help financially once I'm there.
    skye_blue wrote: »
    Hi (No 2)

Nothing saved for a few weeks due to family member in hospital and all associated costs really add up (parking, extra petrol for journeys, treats for patient etc)

So just my £20 interest to add

Ive not given up just come to a temporary halt but after this months car insurance has been paid for hopefully back at it again

Have a great easter break everyone and thanks to the people who have to work

Thanks

You have a very good mindset when it comes to savings, well done. :)
  • Dobbibill
    Ambassador
    Post #2 updated for you blue_mango
    Keep on keeping on
    Dobbi :D

• FrankieM
    FrankieM Posts: 2,454
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Hi

Could I join please.

I paid my debt off last month and the emergency fund is the next thing on my list.

Could you please put me down for £10,000. I'll update what I've saved once I've been paid.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback