Egg Money migration...or not....

Supposedly, Egg Money was migrating to Yorkshire Building Society over the weekend and all that users would have to do would be complete 'a simple registration'.

It's not happening for me (on Internet Explorer). Anyone had success, or similar problems to me? (Scrambled webpage, security issues failure, links don't work - that sort of stuff.)

Comments

• alanwsg
    alanwsg Posts: 763
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Worked for me,
    Both my Egg accounts now appear on my YBS page.
    Site was pretty slow, I guess everyone is trying it today.
  • schnide
    schnide Posts: 129 Forumite
    edited 24 September 2012 at 4:35PM
    My machine's also failing to load either site in both IE and Firefox, so right now I can't see my money. Not the best of starts.

Edit: Now at 5.30pm, I'm logged in AND the money manager seems to be working on Firefox. MUCH better than Egg ever managed, so it was worth the wait of a few hours!
  • Managed to 'migrate' to YBS, via Chrome, but just get a message saying you have no accounts with YBS.

I know!

It's my other stuff I'm looking for...

Further into the site, in FAQs it says just click on 'external accounts'. All well and good, but there's no such link.

Shame, Egg Money Manager has made me very lazy. Anyone know of an alternative. I know First Direct offer something similar. Is there anything else?
  • miller
    miller Posts: 1,625
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Further into the site, in FAQs it says just click on 'external accounts'. All well and good, but there's no such link.

Nope I can't see external accounts/money manager either.

Plus as I've had a Yorkshire account in the past which is closed, they have favoured those personal details over my Egg ones. I no longer have the phone number in question or email address. I cannot update these details myself as it wants to phone the old number.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,076
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    No problem at all when I use my Laptop but MM will not work with my Imac computer. Will bring up internal accounts but no external accounts.
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    No luck for me in FF, IE, Chrome, Opera, not on PC, not on laptop, not on iPad.
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I have decided to use AccountUnity as the replacement for my EMM - they are the developers of the application, anyway.

As the only reason I'd have the account would be for the MMI think I will close my YBS account as soon as they let me actually register.
  • pqrdef
    pqrdef Posts: 4,552 Forumite
    They've put a notice up about high levels of activity. Too many people logging in just to have a look
    "It will take, five, 10, 15 years to get back to where we need to be. But it's no longer the individual banks that are in the wrong, it's the banking industry as a whole." - Steven Cooper, head of personal and business banking at Barclays, talking to Martin Lewis
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,277
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Time for me to switch too I think. As I have a First Direct account I might as well switch to them.

It's a shame Ewise (who make the software) never got round to getting it to work on anything other than Internet Explorer.
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,277
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    innovate wrote: »
    I have decided to use AccountUnity as the replacement for my EMM - they are the developers of the application, anyway.
    Technically it's Ewise (who own the AccountUnity web site domain). Curiously I see they say you need IE6 or above whereas First Direct say IE7 or above which makes me wonder if the AccountUnity one has been kept fully up to date.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure