Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    32203039_1187410514727892_9028326469452955648_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=f4d3bae35256ea9bdaa45deac1ecfa44&oe=5B572490
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• bargainqueen8
    bargainqueen8 Posts: 1,909 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    nettiebobs wrote: »
    They were in a famous NW coastal seaside resort @'s.

are you local to us or just visiting?i`m assuming the resort has a tower.:D:rotfl:
  • Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    32203039_1187410514727892_9028326469452955648_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=f4d3bae35256ea9bdaa45deac1ecfa44&oe=5B572490

Aww, they missed off Clan Fair pull Gwyneth. :D
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Zippy, had you ordered flowers from Waitrose florist before? I am wondering if this is why they confirmed one of my orders (strangely they had not wrote to say that they had cancelled my other orders).

:):):):)

1st time of ordering, also never ordered a grocery shop.
  • Muller and Nivea

19 items (12 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Sainsbury's
    1x Wagg 'Mmms with Chicken (400g) £1.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Fruit & Fibre (750g) £1.45 N/A
    1x ASDA Baker's Selection Cheese Topped White Rolls (6pk) £0.65 N/A
    1x Robinsons No Added Sugar Orange & Pineapple Squash (1lt) £1.00 £1.05
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (4pt) £1.09 £1.10
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Banana & Custard Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x ASDA Raisin & Almond Granola (1kg) £1.59 £2.00
    2x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla & Dark Chocolate Yogurt (165g) £1.36 £0.70
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Strawberry Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Raspberry & Cranberry Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x ASDA Smart Price 15 Eggs (15pk) £1.19 £1.30
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Ready to Eat Bananas (5pk) £0.66 N/A
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Cherry Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.35
    2x Muller Light Fat Free Orange with Dark Chocolate Yogurt (165g) £1.36 £0.70
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.35
    6x Nivea Caring Shower Cream Indulging Moisture Cashmere (250ml) £8.10 £6.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £19.09 £14.60
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Remember the taste inc chicken fillets that cod were giving away free a while back? Well they!!!8217;re running Facebook and Twitter voucher giveaways (from email received today). Can!!!8217;t post linky but a quick search should find the correct account.

well despite my saying that it was well worth a go but that they would have 2321942 gazillion entries via facebook and twitter for the meagre 200 vouchers on offer - I got a direct message today to say I've won one :j

Sadly its coming in the post so I don't think it will come in time to be of use for the COS offer.

The moral of the tail though is even with insurmountable odds its still worth a go :)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    Has anyone any suggestions as to what I can add to the Waitrose list for this weekend

Ideally
    things for cashback - free or almost free
    things I might find a coupon for - free or almost
    things that work out so cheap after cashback or MOC that if no one eats them they can go into the foodbank collection

Just going to go through the MSE MOC list now in the hope of finding something I've not printed off.

So far I've only got 3 things but no back up items
    Lurpak - for GJ as its then as cheap as own brand after cashbook
    Venus - my store apparently does sell them - MOC
    Laughing cow - for shopimumms
    (plus the usual latte, magazine, newspaper to get to a tenner)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    Aww, they missed off Clan Fair pull Gwyneth. :D

and Mould :rotfl:
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    It is basically a GC for £2.45 to spend today only.
    20p off for using travel mug.
    What Costa sizes mean:
    http://www.plainenglish.co.uk/news/947-our-coffee-cup-overflows-with-jargon.htl

Possible prices:
    https://uk.menuwithprice.com/costa-coffee-menu/

So for hot drinks using own mug you get £2.65 value against what you buy.

If you want anything else but more expensive, pay the difference.

And no harm and trying 2 GCs at the same time, they can only say no.

Watch out, I bought a coughee priced at £1.95 and the suspected manager serving me asked how much Wontwo voucher was for, I answered honestly "up to £2.45" .I watched the till display and the cheating so and so amended the price to £2.45 .
    If someone does that to me again I am going to ask for receipt to put the frighteners on them and maybe mumble "trading standards" :rotfl::rotfl:

Why watch out...? So long as they process our order why should we care what price they put in the till? The voucher is dead whether £2.45 is used or not (and the tills recently changed which means they can no longer tell).

Anon
  • mhoc wrote: »
    and Mould :rotfl:

and Penny van
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure