Mopping up the mess - my final debt free journey!

Comments

• clearmydebts
    clearmydebts Posts: 6,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    starnac wrote: »
    Wow! That's a long holiday. Ours get 7 weeks and I thought that was long :eek:

We have holiday clubs running this week and another week mid August. DD is booked into a Paddle School for a week (her choice) and we are hoping to go away for a week towards the end of the holidays.

Fingers crossed your OH gets the bonuses.

I'm shocked that you have to buy E80 (sorry no Euro sign on my keyboard!) worth of school books! Are they work books?

Yes they are workbooks for the 2 kids! And that seems to be cheap compared to secondary school. We also have to pay €100 for arts/crafts/photocopying etc when they start school, for both of them.

Sounds like you have a very busy holiday period planned too :)
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Yes it does seem to be pretty busy! I was trying to have a quiet one this year but I seem to have failed :rotfl:

Wow! I can't believe school is that expensive with you! We are very lucky here obviously
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • clearmydebts
    starnac wrote: »
    Yes it does seem to be pretty busy! I was trying to have a quiet one this year but I seem to have failed :rotfl:

Wow! I can't believe school is that expensive with you! We are very lucky here obviously

I have been trying to occupy the kids as best I can for a little cost as possible and haven't been doing too bad. I've been lucky that a lot of their friends seem to have summer birthdays so that's occupied a few days for them. It's a tough balancing act isn't it?

I think the costs are pretty average for over here but it all adds up doesn't it? I have bought their school uniforms already so that is sorted at least. Their school tracksuits are crested and they cost €84 alone. Thankfully the school uniforms are generic!
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Goodness what you have to pay out for school is crazy. I know over hear schools are starting to ask for extra money but :eek:. I'm sure that it was you talking aboutl costs Drs visits on your old diary. Shocking. I apologise if i have the wrong person.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • clearmydebts
    Goodness what you have to pay out for school is crazy. I know over hear schools are starting to ask for extra money but :eek:. I'm sure that it was you talking aboutl costs Drs visits on your old diary. Shocking. I apologise if i have the wrong person.

The school costs definitely add up, especially when I've to pay for swimming and gymnastics for Sept as well it definitely leaves short change for any overpayments on the debt.

Yes it was me that was talking about doctor visits. It is €55 over here to see the GP. Luckily we get €40 of that thanks to OH's health insurance but we've had a lot of consultant visits this year. The last one cost €130.
  • starnac
    I think the costs are pretty average for over here but it all adds up doesn't it? I have bought their school uniforms already so that is sorted at least. Their school tracksuits are crested and they cost €84 alone. Thankfully the school uniforms are generic!

Our school uniform (especially for the girls) is very specific as it's a welsh school. The english schools all tend to be generic but the welsh schools like to stand out. Which is great when you are on a school trip. Our kids are very easy to spot! But not so great when you have to buy them. Luckily the boys wear grey trousers whch can be bought from supermarkets these days and the girl's summer uniforms can now also be bought in our local Mr A thanks to a lot of "customer pressure" :rotfl:
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • clearmydebts
    Feeling a bit meh about the debt journey today. We have so much expenses over the next few months with 2 weddings abroad, school and hobbies expenses and a girlie weekend abroad for me to round off the 40th celebrations. We also have DD's birthday in mid-September. I know it will be quiet after that (apart from Christmas) but it just feels neverending at the moment.

Definitely a first world problem moan from me today!
  • starnac
    Oh don't get downheartened. Just think of all the work you have done. You have worked hard. Just think of how worse off you would be if you hadn't done all that you have to bring down your debt.

Enjoy your weddings and birthdays and holidays and come back in September ready to start battling the debt again.
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • My goodness haven't been on here in such a long time :(

Lots of stuff going on in my personal life. Finances were a bit all over the place the last few months but I think we might be turning a corner at last.

Will be back on again soon. Under 22k now so that's something to be positive about.
  • starnac
    Hey Nice to see you. I haven't been on here for forever so it's nice to see old friends. Hope you and the kids are doing okay x
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business