Thomson Legal PPI Claim

Comments

• magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    All claims management companies are under investigation, that's just how it works.
    "Thomson Legal Limited is being investigated by the Claims Management Regulator under Regulation 35 of the Compensation (Claims Management Services) Regulations 2006."

So clearly Thomson Legal is being investigated.

However, I you can prove that the statement that ALL claims companies are being investigated by going to the register and finding just one that isn't. That took me less than a minute.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Obvious troll is obvious. Do not feed.
  • Had 12 glorious months of dealing with this scumbag company.
    It's advance fee fraud simple as that.
    Wave £499 goodbye from the minute you hand it to them.
    They say in their initial conversation that your money is protected under section 75. That is only true when they send WRITTEN confirmation that your claim has been completed. And guess what ? Despite numerous phone calls, emails etc it never arrives.
    Your only recourse will be to contact the financial ombudsman.
    They'll probably change their name and shift offices again within the next few months.
  • More lies from Thomson legal / The Claim Team/ Verus (shouldn't that be Virus.....?) Associates/ Redress4you................
  • magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Your only recourse will be to contact the financial ombudsman.
    This is wrong.

You complain to the firm and then to the LEGAL Ombudsman.
  • I've had the displeasure of talking with this company 3 times now. And after the second call they had me wobbling (should I give ithem a go) right until they whacked me with the £499 upfront fee. I asked them to give me 24 hours before I carry on proceeding and he basically knew from then he'd get nothing from me as I told him I'd be looking at reviews on his company. He then said " you call me if you want to pursue" knowing I'd find this forum.
    Received another call from them today a week later and after politely telling them no thank you the salesman decided to get really nasty.
    After giving my reasons why I didn't want to proceed he then started questioning why I was looking at reviews and not "just go with it" being extremely rude and harrasing. Then finally to top it off he said "if you can't trust the company then trust me" What a joke.
  • Had an absolute nightmare with this company after paying the said £499 on my credit card and after waiting 6 months for the estimated thousands I was informed I would get, they came back with nothing. So began the process of reclaiming my £499 only to be told they were having technical issues with their merchant bank and it could take up to 6 months to get the money refunded. Was advised by Elena to contact my credit card company and say I paid an absence fee for services not delivered and I'd only ever received a letter of engagement from them. I wasn't happy to do this and asked if they could put their instructions in writing but of course they wouldn't. Then spoke to advisor Alex on same day, 16th September 2016 and told him I wouldn't be proceeding with their advice but he said this was the quickest and easiest way to get a refund and that's what they were advising all their customers to do. I felt this was tantamount to fraud and did not want to partake in something so dishonest but instead wanted to raise a complaint which he then took down over the phone. He said he would send this to the complaints team, who would get it on Monday morning and I should hear back but couldn't say when. I informed him our conversation giving me instructions to defraud had been on loudspeaker in front of 2 witnesses' and within 5 minutes received a call to say that luckily a manager had been there and my money would be refunded immediately as fortunately it wasn't one of the payments that were involved with their dispute with the merchant bank. I had taken screen shots of all their progress reports and have given these to the relevant bodies to investigate. So many horror stories on this unscrupulous company with the ethics of a gutter rat but I would urge anyone to only speak with them on loudspeaker in front of a witness. It worked for me and hope this might help others.
  • I would urge anyone to only speak with them on loudspeaker in front of a witness.
    Where, and in what way, would such a "witness" be of use?
  • Another highlight of the upfront fee merchants doing their little scamming! itunes voucher dealers are the new fad, i've had four calls about these in the past two weeks!!! And it's been in the local news too.
  • ella2002
    ella2002 Posts: 1,228 Forumite
    I got taken in by them to at the beginning of this month. I cancelled the following day but am still fighting for my refund. Apparently they had internet problems last week. Different story everytime you ring. Absolutely furious about at all costs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure