Milann's life keeps getting in the way.......

Options

Comments

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,576 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Took some shelves back to ikea and go £30 back onto my card so that's my card a little lower and closer to being debt free.
    Had my dd and children here looking after me. It was lovely - they went home yesterday and it's all very quiet. It had been my dds birthday when I was in hospital so I had quite a spendy weekend - bought her pressie and a cake (I'd usually make one) for the kids to blow the candles out but it was worth it. Spent £60 in supermarket today but that should last a good while. I always spend more when I take dh with me but haven't got much choice about that at the moment as he is the driver, trolley pusher and bag packer.
    Feeling a bit useless having to use crutches.....but I have managed to get out for a short time with various friends/family picking me up for a car ride out. I'm a bit wary of doing too much too soon and making my hands and shoulders sore - been there done that in the past and no intention of it happening again. I'm managing with 1 crutch for a short distance in the house which at least lets me carry a cuppa from kitchen to living room - not sure if I should or not but it's keeping me sane. But my leg is still giving way and shaking and the same area is still tingly numb - I can feel touch but it's different and like pins and needles - I'm hoping it will come back in time as swelling in my spine goes down and nerve is released. fingers crossed and it's just cos the nerve is crushed and not damaged.
    I think it might be a long week next week as it's been half term and I've had lots of ladies from work popping in and they are all back at work tomorrow.
    I'm going to see The Stylystics at a local theatre on Wednesday with a friend - had it booked months. I didnt think I'd make it a couple of weeks ago when they were all talking about spinal surgery - thought I'd be visiting a different kind of theatre - but the plan is that friend will drop me off outside and then park up and then join me - all I have to then is sit,watch and maybe sing along. It's mind games and planning little things to get through. I'm hoping I'll look back in a few weeks and laugh at all my worries.......last month if I'd have been told I might lose the feeling in my leg I'd have been devastated but when we found out that's 'all' it was we felt a huge relief of what it so easily could have been. Right I'm rambling - off to get my knitting out...
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Take it easy & enjoy your night out.
    Try not to do too much.xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,284 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Ooh the Stylistics - brings back some memories :) Glad you're managing to get out and about. Take care xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • milann
    Options
    Lol I have spent the day reading my old original diary in 2010 from start to finish. It made me realise I've come a long way in my debt free journey. Plus I always seem to be moaning about health...... I feel as if I've gone from 1 complaint to another.......but every word is true.
    Some things haven't changed - I'm still trying to lose that last stone.
    There were some names on there I haven't heard of on a long time....and I'd forgotten how lovely Taxi was - a brave lady.
    I loved my NSDs in those days too - something I need to get back into- 1st of many today I hope.
    I also used to put money away each month something I need to look at again - but interest rates were better in those days...

Looking back has certainly given me food for thought as I move forward.

I've not managed to get out on my own yet but I will in time. But I've got some good friends and family who have taken me out and as long as I do short bursts of walking with my crutches I'm doing ok. Saying that I've not moved from my armchair all day
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Options
    Another one here always moaning about health :eek:
    Ah yes, the lovely Taxi :(

Always remember how far you have come in your journey :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• milann
    Options
    Well yesterday I decided to have an outing all by myself �� I needed to let my GP know the hospital had changed my meds which I usually get on repeat....so I decided to walk - it's less than a ten minute walk from home. So off I jolly well set with my trusted crutches - I had to call in Morrisons which is about half way there - I sat in cafe and had a cuppa as I needed to rest then proceeded to docs and explained what I needed doing to receptionist - by the look of puzzlement on her face I wondered if I was speaking English - but we got there I hope. Sat and had a rest before setting off again - I then went to chemist next door and requested said repeat prescription (I did it in chemist so dh can collect anytime rather then be tied to surgery opening hours) then back to Morrisons for another cuppa and rest before last bit of journey home where I collapsed in heap on chair shattered. It took me over 3 hours - should have taken half an hour at the most. I bought a packet of envelopes and stamps for my Simply health forms to go the the hospitals for completion - couldn't have carried anything else......might be the money saving gimmick I'm after lol lol lol
    Had a lazy day today - a bit gutted as friend I was going to see Stylistics with has elderly parents with dementia and she can't make it as she has spent the night in A&E with them after a fall. So dh is coming with me which is lovely but I was looking forward to reliving our youth together with my friend I've had for 55 years - SCARY lol
    Had my hair cut this morning at neighbours who is a mobile hairdresser.
    Spends last 2 days
    £8 on cups of tea, envelopes and stamps in Morrisons
    £23 on hair this morning......
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Options
    That trip out just sounds exhausting :eek:
    Sorry about your friend not being able to go with you though :(
    Happy new hair :)
    As you say think of the money saving :rotfl:

• milann
    Options
    Dh came with me to Stylistics - wasted on him lol - but we had a good night. They were every bit as good as when I first saw them 45 years ago!!! Betch-by-golly-wow - could happily watch it all over again - even better my friend treated us to the tickets - but I'll treat her to a different show when things settle down her end.
    I was dropped off and picked up straight outside so all I had to do is walk to my seat
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Options
    Glad that enjoyed the stylistics.
    I would too :)

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,284 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Still miss Taxi - and Kissjen :( I remember hearing the news about Taxi and actually crying it was so sad :(

Glad you enjoyed the Stylistics :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport