Wedfing dress - advice needed

My Fiancee started looking for a wedding dress in July last year for our wedding this august. She fou d one quickly in a well known bridal shop. Im not sure of the procedure but her measurements were taken and the dress ordered from the usa (apparently). The dress was paid for in full by credit card. Approx 3 x months later she was contacted to say the dress was in. She went to the store and the dress was not well made. The advisor agreed and a replacement was ordered. Approx 3 x months later the dress arrived. Once again it was flawed. At this point my fiancee stated she wanted to mull things over as she had lost confidence and was leaning towards requesting a refund.she specifically stated to not order another dress. The shop called about a week later and said they had got another dress in. This was suspiciously quick as the last 2 x attempts had taken about 6 x months in total to arrive. She has asked for a refund, but the shop is refusing. What rights does she have?

Comments

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    What exactly is wrong with the dress.
  • Im not entirely sure but it basically does not sit/fit the way it was meant to. The design is flawed
  • hollydays
    Johnmac72 wrote: »
    Im not entirely sure but it basically does not sit/fit the way it was meant to. The design is flawed

You can’t expect to get a question answered if you’re not sure of the facts.
    Please find out and come back.
  • Im not allowed to see or know anything about the dress as its to be kept secret so i can only go on the issues i am aware of. My bad. I was looking for some general advice to try to reassure her. She saw a dress, ordered it. It arrived flawed. They ordered another. It arrived flawed. They ordered another without being prompted and won't consider a refund.
  • hollydays
    You mean there is a flaw in the fabric?
  • She can surely tell you what's wrong with it though without giving anything away?

Does the trader accept that it is flawed? If they do, job almost done.
  • Johnmac72 wrote: »
    Im not allowed to see or know anything about the dress as its to be kept secret so i can only go on the issues i am aware of. My bad. I was looking for some general advice to try to reassure her. She saw a dress, ordered it. It arrived flawed. They ordered another. It arrived flawed. They ordered another without being prompted and won't consider a refund.

Unless I'm mistaken, there is nothing to see. The dress isn't with your fiancee but with the shop.

You need to answer some of the questions before you can be given advice that is suitable to your situation.

You have no rights, you didn't buy the dress. The rights lie with the purchaser.
  • anmarj
    anmarj Posts: 1,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Most dress may need adjustments to fit, has this been considered?
  • The dress, when it arrived did not sit correctly. Even the seamstress admitted it wasnt correct, hence a replacement was ordered. With regard to 'theonlywayisup', my fiancee purchased the dress but i funded the purchase. It was a 'special order' so payment had to be made in full. On the 2nd occasion the dress that arrived wss deemed to be incorrectly made.
  • Johnmac72 wrote: »
    deemed to be incorrectly made.

Yes but by who?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills