TOTO Energy Company

Options
2»

Comments

• Jack_-_TOTO_energy
    Jack_-_TOTO_energy Posts: 18 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    Am I reading this correctly, there are 50 plus energy suppliers in the market - all of whom have to fit smart meters by 2020 - and you are claiming that Toto is fitting 10% of them? Where is the evidence for this claim? Are they SMETS 1 or SMETS 2 meters that you are fitting?

Hello Hengus,

We are currently fitting SMETS 1 meters into our customer's homes. This 10% statistic was provided by Main Industry Bodies in a presentation shared with TOTO.

Hope this helps! :)
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of TOTO. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • jammeister
    Options
    I found TOTO through MSE Energy Comparison website and made the dreadful mistake of switching to them a couple of months or so ago. It would take me all day to list out all the frightful results of this switch. They are, without doubt, the most incompetent, badly managed, careless and generally useless Energy company that I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.

They don't answer emails. They don't follow through on their promises of action. They give every impression of not caring in the slightest about their customers problems. Their website is DREADFUL.

I have wasted hours of my time trying to fix issues and obtain information from them. All to no effect. It is beyond belief that they are still in business. Their Managing Director and Departmental executive directors must surely be the most useless bunch of people in the entire energy industry.

My VERY STRONG recommendation to everyone is : "DON'T SWITCH TO THIS COMPANY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES" and just don't touch them even with a 50-foot long disinfected barge-pole. Don't blame me if you switch to them and then have endless problems; you have been warned.
  • Jack_-_TOTO_energy
    Jack_-_TOTO_energy Posts: 18 Organisation Representative
    Options
    jammeister wrote: »
    I found TOTO through MSE Energy Comparison website and made the dreadful mistake of switching to them a couple of months or so ago. It would take me all day to list out all the frightful results of this switch. They are, without doubt, the most incompetent, badly managed, careless and generally useless Energy company that I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.

They don't answer emails. They don't follow through on their promises of action. They give every impression of not caring in the slightest about their customers problems. Their website is DREADFUL.

I have wasted hours of my time trying to fix issues and obtain information from them. All to no effect. It is beyond belief that they are still in business. Their Managing Director and Departmental executive directors must surely be the most useless bunch of people in the entire energy industry.

My VERY STRONG recommendation to everyone is : "DON'T SWITCH TO THIS COMPANY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES" and just don't touch them even with a 50-foot long disinfected barge-pole. Don't blame me if you switch to them and then have endless problems; you have been warned.

We're sorry to hear you've had such a poor experience with TOTO.

We understand that we haven't provide you with the customer service you deserve and that is unacceptable. If you could provide me with details privately I will investigate your account personally and ensure communication is consistent!

Thank you for your feedback, we'll take it into account to continuously try to improve the level of customer service we provide. :)
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of TOTO. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • Minibusman
    Options
    Toto Energy. I regret to say avoid them like the Plague. They are hoplessly inefficient, their website can't even give an up to date balance. They are a nightmare to reach on the phone, I called once to enquire about my bill, as I hadn't recieved one, having been with them for four months, only to be told that 'the women who produced the bill was rather overwhelmed', yes ONE women responsible for producing all their bills!!! I have left Toto now after a huge increase in their tariffs, they owe me £581, which they told me would take 28 days to credit to my account. They also tried charging me an early termination fee, when their letter to me expressly told me they wouldn't do if I cancelled in time, which I did. OFGEM need to take a look at this supplier.
  • Michaelw
    Michaelw Posts: 296 Forumite
    Options
    Who was who said "they didn't know what the key to success was but the key to failure is trying to please everyone".

I was with them briefly prices were cheap but the telephone service was not.If you coudn't get through they would ring back six hours later or not at all.They had only just started up at the time,the website needed improving.It should improve with time.Its not until customer service is required problems can begin to surface.Some said their prepayment cards/keys didn't arive but mine did at the time.With prepayment/smart meters requiring more servicing/replacing then the old numerical/bellows meters that would be a priority for some and would prefer to stay with a major supplier.
  • bertiewhite
    bertiewhite Posts: 1,904 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Is this company based in Kansas by any chance?

I just tried to phone them and all I got told was to "Hold the line".
  • deefadog
    deefadog Posts: 2,190 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Unfortunately i am having the same issues as everyone else, the smart meter hardly works, the actual digital readout on both meter is blank. the website says it's being updated with reading daily but they don't have accurate readings from these.

My monthly bills are being charged £66 more than they need to be and they asked me to supply my current readings??? The smart meter should be doing this and i can't read the meters as they are blank!

I hate to be negative on new companies as i think they are good for competition, but they are slow at responding and resolving my issues and effectively stealing my money i need for other bills!

I will give them 1 more week to solve my issues before i take all my evidence i have to Ofgem.
  • yourhavinalaugh
    Options
    Just an update , saw these promoting themselves in the local shopping centre, and the patter was pure bullsh1t, another company who seem to promise the earth , but deliver natch
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure