Meerkat Movies

lamp
lamp Posts: 57 Forumite
edited 10 May 2016 at 10:43AM in Going out deals
MoneySavingExpert Insert May 16:

Hi everyone, it's well worth reading our fully researched Meerkat Movies trick blog for the full lowdown on this.

Thanks to lamp for posting! Back to the original post...

----

Good morning all!

I enjoyed my first usage of the Meerkat Movies code last night at the cinema.

There has been some somewhat conservative comments regarding selecting of insurance to use this offer. I just thought I'd share how I got my policy...

You are eligible for Meerkat Movies with single travel insurance policies, so I purchased a short trip one to Europe, and for under £5, I have 12 months of Meerkat Movies. Bargain.

I don't know how long that will last before the threshold is raised though.

Best of luck!

Lou

Comments

• will it came again ?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    will it came again ?

What will come again ?
  • zappomatic
    zappomatic Posts: 616 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Cheapest way to get this is to buy a single trip UK travel insurance policy, for 1 day which costs £1.37.
  • Damn - £1.37? Cost me £3.78 for travel insurance.

I bet they stop this soon - get in early. A year's 2 for 1 for under a fiver...!
  • Paully232000
    Paully232000 Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    I think this is a great deal.
    Also I was surprised when i had an email yesterday saying as I bought car insurance through them 5 months ago i was eligible (albeit for the next 7 months only) for the movie deal.

Wasn't expecting it, and wouldn't have even thought about complaining if they had said, only for new customers, but there you go, well done comparethemarket.
  • Tiggerlilly
    Tiggerlilly Posts: 625 Forumite
    I purchased a £1.78 single trip policy and have had my year long membership validated. Will save more than cost of policy on first use of the offer.
    Just because your paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you ! :rotfl:
  • I've just bought travel insurance for £2.05 but the meerkat movies won't validate - how long does it normally take?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    If it's via the app, switch the phone off and on and see if it has activated.
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    tashahobo wrote: »
    I've just bought travel insurance for £2.05 but the meerkat movies won't validate - how long does it normally take?

Yesterday afternoon I bought travel insurance for £2.67, and the Movies wouldn't validate, so I contacted them. The email I got in reply says it sometimes takes up to 72 hours.

I'm going to try again on Monday
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • It's a great deal indeed
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills