* Rocking around the Christmas Tree * - It's the 2018 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Lazysheep -Congratulations on your new arrival x

Christmas is coming along nicely I may wrap what I have later today .

Dd has discovered Redbubble and now has enough tshirts to
    Last around five years lol
  • princesskitty29
    princesskitty29 Posts: 1,273 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Hi all, i've been super busy again here lately so haven't been able to get on, but I hope to catch up in the next few days. Squeak is having a nap and i'm having one of those moments where I have loads that needs doing but I really just want to sit down and be still for a little while! I have also just put The Polar Express on, i'm not usually one for watching Christmas films in the middle of the year and this one is saved for Christmas Eve but I just needed something Christmassy, it's my go to thing when I need a bit of cheering up. I don't know why but i'm super emotional today, Squeak turned one and Wiggle is turning four next month and starting school in September - it just feels like it's all going too fast! Anyway, i'm going to have a cup of tea and a little catch up now. Hope you're all well xx
  • Like everyone, not much Christmassy happening, although I am midway through the cakes, 9:eek: On a mission to get them all done before I go on holidays, but preferably by end July. If I have a clear weekend, I can get 4, but they are few & far between. Will get 2 done on Sunday, may try for 2 on Friday night, not time before then, then that will be another job done!

Have picked up some bits for Christmas, need to sort what is what & for who, then hopefully get them wrapped.

I also need to factor in that I will need to pay £1000 to the dentist:eek: Need to have a crown replaced and another fitted and despite the fact they are my front teeth and therefore white for non cosmetic reasons, they are not covered:eek:
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • I seem to forever apologising for going awol. Update here after the nightmare of original builders, the place is back on track and new builders have started the kitchen, so hopefully finished by the end of next week. Then it is seeing if there is enough in the pot for a new bathroom. Would be brilliant if there was but I am not getting my hopes up.
    Starting to think of Christmas more now, it will again be a small affair but with a much better environment. DS2 has moved to London and also in a far better frame of mind than a couple of years ago.
    So in all things are looking up. Oh and since December I have lost two and a half stone without really trying, just cutting back on sugar and taking the hound on much longer walks, something that was physically impossible and while back
  • I seem to forever apologising for going awol. Update here after the nightmare of original builders, the place is back on track and new builders have started the kitchen, so hopefully finished by the end of next week. Then it is seeing if there is enough in the pot for a new bathroom. Would be brilliant if there was but I am not getting my hopes up.
    Starting to think of Christmas more now, it will again be a small affair but with a much better environment. DS2 has moved to London and also in a far better frame of mind than a couple of years ago.
    So in all things are looking up. Oh and since December I have lost two and a half stone without really trying, just cutting back on sugar and taking the hound on much longer walks, something that was physically impossible and while back

I work for a construction company and unless the client stipulates what sanitaryware they want, we generally buy off the internet, can generally save a lot of money as these suppliers generally don't have a storage cost to factor in. Some times there may be a longer lead time than within days, but if the work schedule is planned accordingly, it is not an issue. Worth considering if not already considered.
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • I work for a construction company and unless the client stipulates what sanitaryware they want, we generally buy off the internet, can generally save a lot of money as these suppliers generally don't have a storage cost to factor in. Some times there may be a longer lead time than within days, but if the work schedule is planned accordingly, it is not an issue. Worth considering if not already considered.

I may pick your brain when it comes to the bathroom. Not going over the top with everything, we were waiting on a disability grant but it was getting me down with their stipulations so I just decided to go for what I could afford. The rest of the place I plan to do myself as it is just general decoration and sprucing up. Well that is the plan :o
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Afternoon everyone, feel absolutely gutted today after last nights football results. I have just pre-ordered a Christmas book to cheer myself up :xmassmile by Milly Johnson. Life is just plodding along here, hating the really hot weather (sorry sun lovers) yesterday and today have been lovely as the temp has gone down

PEPPAPIG/VULPIX haha thankyou my lovelies :D I actually have surprised myself as I had my yearly Colitis check up at the hospital on Friday and there was no one to look after the dog so we took him with us which meant DD1 had to stay in the car and I had to go in on my own!!!! I actually did it without vomiting or shaking! Wonders will never cease lol

JJ lovely to see you back and that is fab that you have gone nearly a year without hospital stays/brain ops, well done you!!

STOKIEBECKS the cards are really pretty, lovely die cuts

DROPSOFJUPITER lovely to see you back too, congratulations on your baby

VULPIX well done on the car boot sale money, my DDs 1 and 2 are off to a yoga festival next weekend.

04624181 so glad you are getting back to normal life, boot off and driving now. I really do not have a favourite thing about this heat, I have the opposite of SAD, my DD1 loves the sunshine and it really improves her mood, but it really dampens mine, I feel better when Autumn starts and I know it will get cooler :rotfl:

NIC oh your holiday sounds idyllic, glad you had such a fab time with the kids

PEPPAPIG has Christmas in july been mentioned yet on qvc? I am assuming it will be the 25th as usual? Sorry to hear DH is unwell again

LAZYSHEEP congratulations on the birth of your son, hope he is coping with the heat

PRINCESSKITTY time does feel as if it is superfast atm, I sometimes feel as though I just want to step off, just keep making those lovely memories with your boys

GETTINGTHEREQUICKLY I hope you get your cakes done by the end of july :D oh dear that is a lot of money to have to find for your teeth. Did your house in Egypt all work out in the end?

GIRLINAYELLOWDRESS it will be lovely having a lovely brand new kitchen

#103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    I seem to forever apologising for going awol. Update here after the nightmare of original builders, the place is back on track and new builders have started the kitchen, so hopefully finished by the end of next week. Then it is seeing if there is enough in the pot for a new bathroom. Would be brilliant if there was but I am not getting my hopes up.

You have my sympathies, our garden is still mid-landscape after the less than successful builder last year too. Have had a bit of a delay this week due to a sub contractor letting folk down - just hoping it's done before the end of the good weather.

Managed to fix a dripping tap in the bathroom today...turned the water off, couldn't get the screw I needed to undone even with lashings of WD40...gave up, turned water back on and voila...drip as stopped :rotfl: we do actually need to put on some tap refreshers (which the lovely people we bought the house from left when they moved out) as the ones on currently have seen better days but at least the tap isn't dripping (incidentally OH couldn't get the screw to budge either so I wasn't being weak)

No xmassy stuff going on here atm although I do need to get a move on with my niece's santa sack - delayed from last year.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Kerri I had a garden tap that no wrench or wd40 could shift, even adult ds could not move it. In the end I bought a baby boa wrench (amazon) and it worked effortlessly. Best thing I bought in ages as my grip is useless and it also opens jars
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    GYD do you remember how much the baby boa wrench cost? It’s a great idea and I’ve just had a look on Amazon but they vary in price from £1.89 to £9+ and I have no idea what the difference is.

KERRI I think breaking the trip up might be the way to go but at the moment it’s so hit and miss with DH being ok that we can’t book anything. I’m hoping we can do it next Spring.

FREE well done on your hospital visit, there’s no stopping you. We’re lucky in that we like the sun but we’ve got one room that stays much cooler so when I get too hot I can sit in there. I’m afraid I’m def with your DD on feeling so much better when it’s hot. I haven’t heard them mention Christmas in July on QVC but they’d better blooming do it! Rubbish or not it’s the official start of my Christmas prep. :D

PRINCESSKITTY I know how you feel about time passing, the little ones become big ones almost before you know it. You’re doing the best thing though, cherish the days while they’re here and you’ll have all the lovely memories when they’re gone. I still miss my DDs being small, when I could just pick them up and cuddle them, and they’re both in their thirties now! Scares me to think they’re now older than I was at the times I’m reminiscing about :eek: It seems so recent. When I hear people talking about being born in the nineties I think ‘why aren’t you in school?’ - to me the nineties seem like yesterday. Wow I sound really old :D
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport