Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Freewheeling
    Freewheeling Posts: 622 Forumite
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    I understood that Heron Foods had the Cranberry & Oat version available for £1. So I am to remove them or cross them out and put a note about Heron Foods onto the M list. As for the APG collectors in M (M £1.50:eek:), I'd have thought they should still have them as they've got more stores than I usually have these days. They have gone from one of my stores and been moved to the RTC shelf from which (I think) the collectors don't collect prices in one of my other places but still remaining on regular shelves elsewhere. They are not disappearing fast but neither are they staying around indefinitely like other items do - so it's not a case where they've probably dropped off immediately but one where they might still be on the APG for M (particularly on Monday rather than today) and I'd give them a two-thirds chance of working. I am probably being very pessimistic there.

Thank you Savvy, I'll take a look tonight in my local A and see if they even stock them there. Sadly Heron Foods don't have any stores anywhere near me.
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Chrisv wrote: »

Lol, that wasn't me!
    Pip
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :D

Got the £3.75 slow cooker from Ts - thanks to HudK

Along with 70 wash Persil for £5 & my lots of necessary shopping on the bus :o

Shopping bags in one hand, slow cooker under arm & huge Persil in other hand :o
    I had to get to house in relay of 2 items every 10 metres :rotfl:2973571.jpg

But it was worth it!!:j:j

Is it worth a few more bus trips for a few more?
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    inna wrote: »
    Skittles on Snap and Save, looks like you're getting them for free but not sure about stock.

On TCB grouceries list - £1 from Mr T in a white bag. They also have very long expiry dates.

ANd whilst in Mr T dont forget to get the 3 baby things for shopimum - stage 1 and stage 2 baby pouches and little dish rice cakes - good for adding to food bank collection trolleys
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 4 July 2018 at 5:43PM
    Options
    Thank you for the glitch items today. Although there is a Nescafe Gusto Pod on the M list, I haven't seen it for ages and I think it stands no realistic chance of working. I have a couple of Fuel 10K products that have gone onto RTC in M; however they are the Protiflakes Multigrain 500g and Wheat 480g (or, as my store has it, 24x20g) - I think they're the two that are showing OOS on msm (that surefire indicator that they have gone onto clearance instore and available a bit cheaper) - and not the Granolas. The Granolas are, unfortunately, on rollback in A at the moment so are only 'worth' £2 claim there - as the refund offer is on until the end of the month, it would seem better to wait and hope they go back up to £2.98 and keep at £2 in Sains. They might be technically minus 20p at the moment, although you'd need to buy more than 20p of other items so would lose out but, even if they became £3 vs £3 elsewhere, that would be more 10% so would I hope be the possibility of making them cheaper.

I'm of no use at all as my Dolce Pod "won't work" and I only have other Fuel 10K products on RTC in M. However, perhaps I am of use by having you buying nothing:money: as opposed to those people that post glitches and get us buying Schwartz products that are still costing us money even after the glitch:rotfl:. Still costing us money. Albeit less than what they would cost were there not a glitch:T.

It's back to the good old days in M today. Instead of having lots of change happening on the Wednesday, and thus visiting on Monday only for offers to have changed two days later, as has often been the case lately, it seemed the offers expired on Sunday, so most of the changes this week were on Monday and Wednesday just adds a few further changes. I finished a little earlier than usual:T. It therefore seems almost all of the expiry 1st July items on the list have expired but the expiry 3rd July items are still on. There's only four items (sets of items really) with 3/7 on the list (I'm counting the Liberte yoghurts as one and the two different flavours of Palmolive 750ml as one Palmolive 750ml), unless anyone can see any more than that, beyond what my fine-tooth comb and razor sharp eyes can see. It seems that all of them have rolled over or, rather, have gone from their price at offer to that price becoming their 'regular price' in M - which is what I class them as when their expiry date (for an offer) disappears from m.com but they just continue at the offer (or now former offer?) price. It could be that I have stores that are slow changing the SELs (that's if I even have any trace in my stores - but's that another story: visited my final store for another look at the Liberte yoghurts and only picked a store that didn't have them:( - I was therefore left with a potentially dodgy unchanged set of £1s from one store as my earlier store has had full price on them for many weeks already so was unreliable) - however the supposed-to-be-expiring items, including Liberte yoghurts, have all moved to keeping at the same price and the offer expiry date vanishing on m.com, so it does seem that they are unchanged and I will just be moving them from their expiry date for them to disappear into the rest of the list without one.

There are some items that have expired in M today - it seems some items that have gone onto offer on Monday, before I can get them onto the list, are immediately back up in price! I had the Cooked Beetroot 300g showing 50p (crossed out 87p) on Monday but it's been changed back to 87p by today:(. It's now scanning for me at 87p, so maybe my store put up an erroneous SEL and then corrected it or else it was 50p but is now 87p. I have changes therefore not to the 3/7 expiry items on the list but instead to this item from Monday that is not even on the list (or will be shortlived now if it ever gets there - put on in bold and immediately crossed out as expiring). Just because the item is from Monday and isn't (or isn't yet) on the list, these items are still being checked again.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't bother with A's Cooked Beetroot 300g btw - even if we do eventually get to Monday. It didn't work when it was on an offer period in M the time before - too many of my stores back then were full price SEL. So, I have you buying nothing:(:rotfl::money:.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Also on shopimum are three free Garden Gourmet vegetarian products from the frozen cabinet in Sainsburys - in mine they were all rammed together as if there was no actual space for them.
    It says ongoing but if you look at the actual page there is an end date - so sooner rather than later.
    Ive also got the free hot pepper sauce back - only stocked in the massive stores and it says my stockists is near Manchester!

Also on COS half price Blue Diamond almonds, 3 varieties - £1.50 with 75p cashback - again Sainsburys - very moreish.
    Ive also got Blue Diamond almond breeze milk £1.50 with 75p cashback, again Sainsburys - a very good discount. Last week 2 of our COSs had free cartons but not OH
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 4 July 2018 at 5:58PM
    Options
    Thank you Savvy, I'll take a look tonight in my local A and see if they even stock them there. Sadly Heron Foods don't have any stores anywhere near me.

This is almost as nerve-wracking as watching the live England penalties:eek:. (Of course I can now watch it, without nerves, now knowing the result but it would rather have defeated the point if I hadn't seen it live in the first place.) I can't give any guarantee the Shreddies Max will work.

Don't know - if I say it's likely to work, it'll probably fail:(. And if I say it's likely to fail, it'll work. I'm no use at all:rotfl:.

The Special K Original 300g cereal box, that was £1 RTC at one stage but seemed to have become regular £1 more recently, and then returned to more stores when it worked for me - now seems to have gone. Of course I 'know' that someone will still have it (someone always will!) but I'm not seeing it now - I think it's past its best on the APG and probably likely to return N/A for M now. It's still on £1 rollback in A, so same price as M (for a very small box:(:rotfl::wall::rotfl:) may be even if they don't have it (I hope it's not appeared for them somewhere at full price - last I have indicated no change).
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Evening all :wave:

Does anyone know where I can get some non Iodised Salt please and ta :)
  • nettiebobs
    nettiebobs Posts: 344 Forumite
    Options
    Yes I think so.

Did anyone buy the Shreddies Max from A's to see if it compares with M? I might go tonight so I'd be curious to know.

Also, I notice that on Shoppmium that are 3 different meat free products for free in Sains. My freezer is already pretty full so this could be tricky.
    No, they don't compare. Got some last night and m's is n/a. That was the cranberry one. In fact it only compares to sainsbobs who are £2.50.
  • cjj_2
    cjj_2 Posts: 6,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Hi

Anyone who has opened Royal Bank of Scotland current account for the cashback do they email you and ask you to upload your ID please ? Always worry about clicking links in emails but probably fine. Tia xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure