2»

Comments

• JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Thanks everyone. All good stuff.
  • I recently purchased a new car (second hand) first time from a dealer
    I arranged for an overlap of one day on the insurance
    When I picked up the car the dealer went on line and taxed the car from that date, using my card details and made a change of keeper
    My insurers (Saga) did not make a charge for issuing new documents, I had to pay the increased premium
    A few weeks later I decided to put on a personalised registretion No, again Saga made no charge for re-issuing doocuments
  • JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,544 Forumite
    Just re-read AdrianC's post and he suggested getting 'a few quotes' before continuing with the current insurer. So does this mean that I can ask for quotes on a car that I'm thinking of buying - I just need to supply the Reg number and value?
  • JohnB47 wrote: »
    Just re-read AdrianC's post and he suggested getting 'a few quotes' before continuing with the current insurer. So does this mean that I can ask for quotes on a car that I'm thinking of buying - I just need to supply the Reg number and value?

Yes.

• AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    JohnB47 wrote: »
    You don't even need to supply a registration. You can just tell any passing Meerkat what the car is.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure