Urgent help needed (bank accounts)

1234568»

Comments

• Nope im confident it will end good. Because i did nothiny wrong and have seen similar cases which people got cleared. I am innocent and i dont care if i dont bank with nationwide again, as long as i can get a bank account elsewhere and build up my credit score. Nationwide said i wont be able to bank with them again solely because the account was closed for fraud. Not because I did anything.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Ahmsbelkz wrote: »
    Nope im confident it will end good. Because i did nothiny wrong and have seen similar cases which people got cleared. I am innocent and i dont care if i dont bank with nationwide again....

It is really great that you've had such a massive improvement in your positivity since you posted these comments the other day...
    I am severly depressed
    [...]
    I feel like im drowning in a dark hole.
    [...]
    I am depressed and frustrated and feel like I have no meaning anymore.
    I am only 20 and feel like my life has ended, i cant even get paid from work, sometimes i feel like i dont want to wake up anymore.
    ...hopefully with hindsight you'll feel getting yourself so upset did not make sense, and seeking advice on how to deal with the issue was the best approach.

For people who come across this thread in the future it is important to realise that having access to banking facilities in the modern world is essential, and something to be protected at all costs. Not protecting your cards and security information can lead to all kinds of problems, not just having a little bit of money taken from your account. It is also important to realise that things are not as simple as asking your bank to remove a Cifas marker and them just doing it. There are long-lasting consequences if you make yourself vulnerable to this kind of crime. :(
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • I agree with EachPenny!

Very true, i was depressed and frustrated because I had no lead to where I was going to pin point my problem but thanks to this thread it has helped me alot. So its just a matter of getting it solved as I know where the problem exactly is.

It has been a pain and still is, hopefully this teaches a lesson to some of you who are lucky enough to never be in these kind of situations. Always protect yourself and identity.
  • le_loup
    le_loup Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    What a wonderful ride we have all been taken on - so much fun.
  • Ahmsbelkz wrote: »
    UPDATE:

Nationwide have finally confirmed placing a marker on my name after I went through to the correct department. (SID) They said they are not confident I am innocent but are going to review removing the marker (not guarenteed). They said the best case scenario is we remove the marker but you will never be able to bank with us again. Worst case scenario everything will remain how it is. (In which case i will contact the financial ombudsman.)

Thanks for the advice and help you guys have allowed to me to pin down the problem and now its a matter of when it gets solved. Fingers crossed :)

Did Nationwide give you a time frame of when they will make a decision? Are they going to send you a letter?

I have a feeling that the marker will remain and your next battle will be with the FO trying to get them to side with you against a high street bank.

Personally, if I were in your shoes, at this point knowing that a CIFAS had been registered against me and I was innocent, I would be speaking to a solicitor to get this resolved ASAP. A CIFAS marker is no joke. It remains for 6 years and essentially you won't be able to open a bank account or have any form of credit for the next 6 years, or no car insurance either.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    So you lost your card and found out someone tried to deposit £1300 into your bank. What would the person who deposited the money gain ?

Indeed. The story is not adding up is it ??

Also it is highly unlikely that the bank will block the account if it a mysterious person suddenly add £1500 in just one isolated occasion as it might be that that someone make a mistake wrote the the wrong ac when transferring. It might be untold story here.

You will normally get caught if it does happen in multiple occasions or if it is the first time happen, the figure is suspiciously high.

Well a good lesson to learn and useful to learn if you let someone mysterious is using your account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure