No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries April 2018

Comments

• sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    One UU tonight:

GUM Soft Pick WMBA. These are nice but I probably won't buy them again
  • Hello, I have just stumbled on the wonderful board and it might be just what I need to get through my never ending supply of products, I have been getting better at using things up but still have a steady supply of items coming in too. I have a real weakness for gift with purchase items and make-up in general. My challenge for the weekend to have a good look through everything and see what I can UU!
    Barclaycard: £2970 Tesco: £655 MBNA £4830 Virgin: £6110
    Total Credit Card debt: £14,565 Car Loan: £12,055 :eek:
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Another UU : Kat von D Lock It Foundation. Love this though I think I'm going to try using the pot of Balance N Brighten I have instead as the weather is getting warmer (supposedly).

We are taking Emma back to Newcastle this weekend but when I return I need to order my Elemis Balancing Lime Blossom Cleanser or buy it as my foundation is oxidising on my nose due to my oiliness so I obviously need it.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • Hello, I have just stumbled on the wonderful board and it might be just what I need to get through my never ending supply of products, I have been getting better at using things up but still have a steady supply of items coming in too. I have a real weakness for gift with purchase items and make-up in general. My challenge for the weekend to have a good look through everything and see what I can UU!

Welcome! :D
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2024 14/53 UU, 11 IN
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,832 Forumite
    Hello, I have just stumbled on the wonderful board and it might be just what I need to get through my never ending supply of products, I have been getting better at using things up but still have a steady supply of items coming in too. I have a real weakness for gift with purchase items and make-up in general. My challenge for the weekend to have a good look through everything and see what I can UU!

Welcome. GWP offers are my weakness too. Taking stock of what you have is a good place to start. X
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • sunny_money
    sunny_money Posts: 361 Forumite
    Hello, I have just stumbled on the wonderful board and it might be just what I need to get through my never ending supply of products, I have been getting better at using things up but still have a steady supply of items coming in too. I have a real weakness for gift with purchase items and make-up in general. My challenge for the weekend to have a good look through everything and see what I can UU!

Welcome! :)
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post

Welcome. I used to be the same with GWP items but now I actively avoid them, all those little things that you will probably never buy in full sizes seemed a bit pointless to me in the end.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler

Welcome :)

There is a charity named Smart Works and they help low-income women to be interview-ready by providing smart clothing, make-up and accessories including bags and shoes.

They will be collecting in the office next week and I'm planning to donate some products that I know I won't be using anytime soon. I have so far earmarked an Eyeko Mascara, an NYC lipstick that i bought from Poundland and a Body Shop lip butter. So 3 GA for now.
    ally.
  • sunny_money
    sunny_money Posts: 361 Forumite
    UU
    Loreal clay conditioner 400ml
    Superdrug deo - pink - OH thought it was too ‘wet’
    Nivea Micellar water
    Batiste dry shampoo

IN
    Right Guard deo
    Batiste dry shampoo

It’s my 1 year anniversary on this thread! Proud of myself for sticking with the challenge. :D I started with 196, now down to 132. Thats about 5 Outs a month on average, happy with that! I suspect this Out rate will slow down over the next year.
  • Welcome Snorfing Along.

UU - Aussie leave in conditioner - this lasted about 5 years.
    But also consequently IN - Lee Stafford Blow & Go Genius Lotion (why do these things have such silly names?)

Re little GWPs - I quite like these as I stand more chance of using up a sample sized eyeshadow or lipstick, say, than a full size one. But I did at one point build up a stash of full sized stuff that was more or less just bought for the GWPs! Getting better at resisting these now!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure