ESA letter, includes "end" date?

Options
Hi all -
After a WCA on 11/5 - was told at the time that I would go to (remain) Support Group - finally got the letter of confirmation yesterday. I was not 100% sure that what she had said couldn't be changed or over-ruled somehow. Basically, nothing really changes in terms of money - although I thought that (having been advised by Healthwatch last year) I may now apply for PIP.

But, within the letter on the page that gives the breakdown of the amount/s paid, it does say that this will be paid to 30/11/17, so am now wondering if this means that there will be another assessment - which they may was well write to me now to set up as I was notified in January about the one that I just attended.

My only other thought is that the amount might change for the first week of December due to the £10 Christmas bonus (which is already mentioned in the letter) .....

Does anyone know if that date is some kind of cut-off date?

Comments

• IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options
    Your other thought is correct - it's because of the Christmas bonus. Your rate will increase by £10 for a week, then go back to normal.

Give them a call if you want to know how long your award is for.
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Options
    I've just received my ESA renewal letter and there's no end date mentioned. Just says that the increased payment due to being moved into SG will start 1st June.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,956 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi all -
    After a WCA on 11/5 - was told at the time that I would go to (remain) Support Group - finally got the letter of confirmation yesterday. I was not 100% sure that what she had said couldn't be changed or over-ruled somehow. Basically, nothing really changes in terms of money - although I thought that (having been advised by Healthwatch last year) I may now apply for PIP.

But, within the letter on the page that gives the breakdown of the amount/s paid, it does say that this will be paid to 30/11/17, so am now wondering if this means that there will be another assessment - which they may was well write to me now to set up as I was notified in January about the one that I just attended.

My only other thought is that the amount might change for the first week of December due to the £10 Christmas bonus (which is already mentioned in the letter) .....

Does anyone know if that date is some kind of cut-off date?
    It's probably to do with the xmas bonus. Although the letter should tell you when your end date is. If it doesn't you can ring and ask. Normally Support Group is anything up to 3 years before they assess you again but they can contact anytime.
  • GotToChange
    GotToChange Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    Options
    IAmWales wrote: »
    Your other thought is correct - it's because of the Christmas bonus. Your rate will increase by £10 for a week, then go back to normal.

OK - I thought so... I will probably ring them; the last time, there was no mention of a date of it ending, but that was "awarded" in a January.
  • GotToChange
    GotToChange Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    It's probably to do with the xmas bonus. Although the letter should tell you when your end date is. If it doesn't you can ring and ask. Normally Support Group is anything up to 3 years before they assess you again but they can contact anytime.

Yes, that is what I thought (hoped - as it really would seem to be "too" soon, given the lead times for the assessments etc.). I do remember that it was on the actual report (last time, I don't have this one) where it said, to be reviewed in the "medium term".

I cannot remember how I got the report last time - will DWP be able to provide it?
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,956 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes, that is what I thought (hoped - as it really would seem to be "too" soon, given the lead times for the assessments etc.). I do remember that it was on the actual report (last time, I don't have this one) where it said, to be reviewed in the "medium term".

I cannot remember how I got the report last time - will DWP be able to provide it?
    Yes ring DWP for a copy of the assessment report.
  • Feral_Moon
    Options
    IAmWales wrote: »

poppy12345 wrote: »

The Xmas bonus is paid separately. It's nothing to do with ESA payments.
  • tobykim
    tobykim Posts: 437 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had a letter this morning explaining that the reason the amount of payment would change after 30/11 was due to the Christmas bonus and would revert to the normal rate after that
  • Feral_Moon
    Options
    tobykim wrote: »
    I had a letter this morning explaining that the reason the amount of payment would change after 30/11 was due to the Christmas bonus and would revert to the normal rate after that

Letters are sent out at the end of November to all those who qualify for the £10 bonus and it is then paid into your account during the first week of December. It is a separate one off payment. It does not affect the rate of any of the qualifying benefits.
  • Accacia
    Accacia Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    I never received a letter from DWP about my ESA they just increased the waiting amount to an amount that showed I was in support group. I only found out anything about it when I requested my medical report (ESA85) from DWP and saw I was recommended a medium award so in theory until November 2017 though I know it could be anytime. I never got a £10 last year is this a new thing?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure