Dancing in the Rain

doingitanyway
doingitanyway Posts: 8,729 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
edited 21 July 2018 at 8:41AM in Debt free diaries
Come and support me when you can
If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
Emergency fund 0/1000
Buffer fund 0/200

Comments

• Hi Dancing in the Rain, you are very focused which means you will achieve it. You have inspired me to get organised and sort out my own house by de-cluttering and painting my hall. My finances are organised and I have a loan and a credit card which will both be paid by the summer, at least that's my goal. This is all due to this reading the posts on this forum.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,160 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Hello :wave:
    Great to see you :)
    You are looking for the quick reply button just under where we type the post.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    So when you want to post there is a box under the last reply on thread that you type your reply on.
    Then you should be able to just post using the quick reply.
    Hope this makes sense!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• If it helps - I would be the same thinking about the cups :-)

Keep on track - doing so well xx
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • beanielou
    I would have bought the cups!!

• beanielou
    Good news on cups & on the candle :)
    Never get bargains in our local one.

• Have you thought about doing your own decorating? It's really not that hard and a great money saver as well as exercise. The spare room is just the place to start if you are out of practice.
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Hello doingitanyway,

I saw your post on my diary and popped across to yours to catch up on what you're up to. You're right, we're very similar. Even down to the nervousness of having workmen in my house. I'm ok with them being patronising and trying to con me, as I'm so OCD on the amount of research I do before they come round, so it's not easy to con me. I also do the damsel in distress of "I wish I had that much money to sort out my decorating" routine! That works way more often than it should!!!:o My problem is that I'm so friendly (and probably sound so in need of a man to save me) that they over assume their place!!!! :(

You sound like you're on a real mission, and very focussed. I was really pleased to hear that you bought the cups and candles as you need it all to feel worthwhile too.

Also, buying food isn't bad if it lasts and you do use it. I find that as long as I'm not too hard on myself that I enjoy this process. Then the more I enjoy it, the more I do towards it.

How hard is it to declutter? Are you like me in that you've created some sort of emotional attachment to things? I went through a few years of having terrible money problems, so I got myself into the mindset not to throw anything away because I couldn't afford to replace it if I found I needed it!!! So I'm trying to reverse that now!

I've subscribed. MTx
  • beanielou
    Baby steps are the way forward :)

• Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    I would have bought the cups too :D

I feel your pain about the workmen. I hate dealing with them. Have you got anyone that could be with you when they come round to quote?

Where I live, there's a Trade Register whereby if people are listed, they're a bit more reliable and are checked (I think) so they tend to be better or less risky than employing some random cowboy. Maybe there's one in your area?

Get them frogs eaten tomorrow, I'm sure you'll feel better.......ribbit :rotfl::D
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family