Atrixa's Saving Diaries

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Well done that is great. Running is great to release endorphins. I used to years ago. Now I'm just a lump. I hope you can enjoy the nice weather.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • atrixa
    atrixa Posts: 549 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    I did, thanks! It's cooled down a bit now but it's still sunny. I did my first run on Tues morning and now I can't sit down or stand up without making noises. So sore... My passport arrived fine, so that's one less thing to worry about :) I also have an interview next week for an internal job, so fingers crossed!
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Good luck for the interview next week. Is it more money ? ;)
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    I can barely walk in this weather and you are running. You deserve a medal. Good luck with job interview.
  • atrixa
    Good luck for the interview next week. Is it more money ? ;)
    Thanks all :) Not sure about money yet- they seem to be allergic to posting salaries where I work, but I've asked for just over 10% more.
  • atrixa
    Payday! Savings will look like this once the standing orders move money around:
    Holiday Sinking Fund: £101.29
    Help to Buy ISA: £390
    Mortgage/Moving Costs: £150
    Emergency Fund- Fully Funded at £500
  • atrixa
    It looked like I only had £1.80 left for groceries til payday from my spreadsheet, so I only spent £1.06 in the supermarket earlier just to tide me over. I've checked my bank account and I've found £8 from somewhere. Where was that hiding?! I can replace some toiletries now :)
  • savingwannabe
    Well done on finding the cash. :j
  • atrixa
    Payday! Can't be bothered to update figures, but I've put the usual amounts into my H2B ISA and my other house account. I've put £20 in the holiday fund and a few quid in another fund, this time for another pair or running shoes. I'm on week 8 of Couch to 5k, and I've decided to keep going with it. I feel so much fitter. The cheap running shoes I bought are already on the way out (what do you expect for £12.99?) so I want to invest in a really good pair. They can cost an absolute bomb, but I'll get my gait analysis done to make sure I'm spending wisely.
  • atrixa
    Oh, and I've got another job interview for Monday, fingers crossed!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback