Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Claire1972 wrote: »
    will report back later on the gift sets and crisps, the SA scanned 2 of my 10p sweets together. So she might have messed my shop up!!!!
    Claire1972 wrote: »
    None of the SS tills work in my ASDA I need a SA all the time it’s a pain, apparently the tills haven’t updated in months :mad:
    bubbs wrote: »
    You have to type the printed min where it says, key in code(i think thats what it says)
    Then either scan receipt or put numbers in from receipt , need no SA then

Different stores, different policies. My locals operate as....After Key in code...

Store 1 ; Enter APG code manually, then scan receipt, all OK

Store 2 ; Enter APG code manually, enter receipt code manually. Scanning receipt will throw this one into meltdown.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,863
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Claire1972 wrote: »
    So do you do this before pressing the pay button?

Yes do not press that
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,144
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Oops rather late today, lots going on. Evening all.
  • emmad5689
    emmad5689 Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    Bikertov wrote: »
    B&H gift sets dropped to £10 now:

1x Baylis & Harding Jojoba, Silk & Almond Oil Benefit Set (each) £10.00 £5.00

They were £12 two days ago.

They were £12 this morning when I bought them x
    To get to Disneyland Florida 2016
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :o:o:o:o

Reply from Amazon - it seems some items have this message on the product details -

This item's packaging may indicate what is inside.To cover it, select Deliver in Amazon box on the checkout page.

Lesson learnt today :o:o:o

I didn't know that either. Thank you, Snap.
  • Picasso7
    Forumite
    gocat wrote: »
    Well they didnt reply to my morning tweet, so just tweeted again and got this reply.

"Hi there. Does this merchant not display on the SS map at all? Many thanks ^E"

So not much help :mad:
    CM66 wrote: »
    It's probably worth just keeping an eye on HUKD as its normally updated on there pretty quickly if the One Stops etc are working even though they're not on the map!

Thank you, gocat. So we think that One Stop might be included again and also the Post Office did someone say? I thought that was a separate offer last year, not part of the small shops thing?
  • izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 29 November 2017 at 6:37PM
    The Loreal Lip Crackers are now £8 instead of £9 in Asda and can confirm that all 3 colours compared to Tesco today £8 v £5.00.

The price has been reduced in Tesco to £3.75 each.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/search?query=loreal%20lip%20cracker&icid=tescohp_sws-1_loreal%20lip%20cracker

Some other gift sets in Asda have been reduced and also in Tesco. I noticed the Tresemme gift set is reduced from £7 to £6 in Asda, and from £3.50 to £2.62 in Tesco.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/search?query=tresemme%20gift%20set

Hopefully the APG will pick up Tesco's lower prices tomorrow.

• michaels
    michaels Posts: 27,949
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    A vs M

2x Dove Original Beauty Cream Hand Wash (250ml) £3.00 £1.80
    I think....
  • Picasso7
    Forumite
    We looked at small shops near us but wanted a particular shade of grey (what with paint and wallpaper colours it’s like 50 shades of grey in our house :rotfl:). Ended up at Carpet Right, bought our own underlay - Cloud 9 Cumulus from eBay, and grippers and we’re paying the guys cash to lay that as well as the carpet.

Tip re Carpet Right, they will price match! For our kitchen and dining room we went for a good quality laminate as didn’t want solid oak again so chose Quick Step Exquisa black slate which is more of a lovely dark slate grey colour and sells for £23.95 sq metre at CR. I spent an evening googling and emailing companies for their best price and took the cheapest quote into CR where they price matched it, and got it down to £13.95 sq metre. So I’d say if you find what you want and it’s cheaper elsewhere defo take a quote into them :D

Last time I needed carpets (after builders had left) I used a small local place recommended by friends. They were actually not helpful and I regret the quality of the carpet I now have in my spare room. The one in the lounge hasn't worn very well either. But for the lino in the bathroom and the carpet in the bedroom I used Carpet Right and was really impressed by the advice I was given and the service and fitting. Obviously you need to go there when they have a sale and my impression is that they often have one. But I didn't know about the price match so thank you so much for that.
  • emmad5689
    emmad5689 Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    Bikertov wrote: »
    B&H gift sets dropped to £10 now:

1x Baylis & Harding Jojoba, Silk & Almond Oil Benefit Set (each) £10.00 £5.00

They were £12 two days ago.
    bubbs wrote: »
    Hello :D
    Lovely to see you postingxx
    Ooooo you love Amex, good luck:D

If you use ss you can do yourself upto £19.99

Would you explain how please as when I scan it says unsupported barcode x
    To get to Disneyland Florida 2016
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories