Refund for incorrect passport application

2»

Comments

• Hi,

I am facing the same situation- applied for the wrong passport application and also applied for the right one so I paid twice.

What happen with yours? were you able to get a refund?

Thanks
  • Is there any way to reclaim passport fees? I've read the GOV pdf where they say new law says they no longer refund , yet had I known I didn't need to apply for a new passport after getting married as my current passport had only just been renewed 6 months earlier, I wouldn't have. I applied online on Fri evening and rang 8am when the office opened this morning (mon) to be told no .. Yet my application hasn't been started as I've not sent any documents?
    I'm disgusted that they say they keep the £72 fee for admin they've done nothing!:mad:
  • Lip_Stick
    Lip_Stick Posts: 2,415
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I would have thought that what would happen in the op's scenario is that the passport would get rejected in some form and they would be invited to apply again using the same fees, the same as if you'd have filled a part in wrong. Someone told me their's had been sent back umpteen times and I don't believe for one second she paid more than once.
    There's a storm coming, Mr Johnson. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.
  • CM66
    CM66 Posts: 602
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    nicjp2017 wrote: »
    Is there any way to reclaim passport fees? I've read the GOV pdf where they say new law says they no longer refund , yet had I known I didn't need to apply for a new passport after getting married as my current passport had only just been renewed 6 months earlier, I wouldn't have. I applied online on Fri evening and rang 8am when the office opened this morning (mon) to be told no .. Yet my application hasn't been started as I've not sent any documents?
    I'm disgusted that they say they keep the £72 fee for admin they've done nothing!:mad:

Its not a new law, you have never needed a new passport when you get married, you just have to make sure you book all travel in same name that is on the passport.

You should have checked that before you applied, its not their fault!
  • George_Michael
    George_Michael Posts: 4,251
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    nicjp2017 wrote: »
    I've read the GOV pdf where they say new law says they no longer refund
    They haven't refunded since May 2008 so it's far from being a new thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure