Make upto £10 a day in July 2017 - everybody most welcome

Comments

• Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just a quick update on my car which I thought would be eye-wateringly expensive to put right. I worried for nothing:o:o as the mechanics tested it thoroughly and could find no trace of whatever caused the alarming issue with warning lights and fault warnings coming on and scaring me silly a couple of weeks ago.

so pleased to read this. I have had a problem with mine doing the same. the warning lights come on and a message. Nothing in handbook. we worked out the other day that when fuel tank is extremely low, ie past emergency fuel, the car doesnt like it. especially when parked on hills. I get it all.
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    so I have a high value item for sale on ebay. someone messaged could you post for delivery sat? yes I reply, as long as you pay today, this was thursday.

can you deliver? my car in garage. i am only around the corner from you.

yes I can deliver but I want to see your id when I deliver. I also am going to take a photograph of you with the item and your id as proof of delivery - :cool:

how about I pay you direct into paypal and you give me a discount?

no way Jose, on your bike, you scammer. you want me to deliver, free of charge, just my time, my petrol.... and now want a discount, now to pay by paypal and put in a claim for non receipt....

nope as I said no discount, it is a high value item and I expect to meet you with your id. i will take a photograph of you, your id and the item.

silence...... is ........ golden....... block list you go
  • dizzyblnd
    dizzyblnd Posts: 449 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Does anyone find eBay actually works anymore? All u hear about r scammers? I have a few small bits to sell but don't want to deal with the hassle.
    Mortgage free wannabee 2022 #82
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    dizzyblnd wrote: »
    Does anyone find eBay actually works anymore? All u hear about r scammers? I have a few small bits to sell but don't want to deal with the hassle.

Remember people who are happy with something are less likely to post about it on forums so you can't always get a true picture. I use ebay all the time and have never been scammed. I have my buyer preferences set as high as possible and I make sure my listings are honest with lots of photos so people know what they are getting. It does also depend on what you are selling. For example, I don't bother selling tech on ebay as it does attract the scammers.
  • Hi, I would love to join.

I've just signed up to a DMP and need to find £208 to cover this (anything on top is obviously a bonus). £10 a day would be amazing, but really anything at this stage is helpful.
    Make up to £10 a day

July £26

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 8 July 2017 at 7:29AM
    Aesop wrote: »
    so pleased to read this. I have had a problem with mine doing the same. the warning lights come on and a message. Nothing in handbook. we worked out the other day that when fuel tank is extremely low, ie past emergency fuel, the car doesnt like it. especially when parked on hills. I get it all.

I hope you can get yours sorted, it's worrying isn't it? It's never happened to me before in all the years I've been driving this car. Well, apart from the obvious warnings that I haven't got my seatbelt on, one of the doors isn't properly closed or I'm low on petrol;)

This time the display said 'anti pollution fault' which made me think it was something to do with emissions etc. The symbol that lit up was for the exhaust system. I managed to work that bit out from the handbook when I got home but it didn't say anything else apart from 'drive carefully to the nearest garage':eek:

The mechanic said it could have been the extreme heat that was playing havoc with the car's electrics/sensors as it was the hottest day of the year when it happened and I was out in it doing a lot of stop-start driving for most of the day. Anyway, it's alright now:j
  • Aesop wrote: »
    so I have a high value item for sale on ebay. someone messaged could you post for delivery sat? yes I reply, as long as you pay today, this was thursday.

can you deliver? my car in garage. i am only around the corner from you.

yes I can deliver but I want to see your id when I deliver. I also am going to take a photograph of you with the item and your id as proof of delivery - :cool:

how about I pay you direct into paypal and you give me a discount?

no way Jose, on your bike, you scammer. you want me to deliver, free of charge, just my time, my petrol.... and now want a discount, now to pay by paypal and put in a claim for non receipt....

nope as I said no discount, it is a high value item and I expect to meet you with your id. i will take a photograph of you, your id and the item.

silence...... is ........ golden....... block list you go

The nerve of some people:eek:. Good thing you're on the ball and could suss this scam out, Aesop:A. I wonder how many others fall for these scams though? It's a sad world we live in:(.

Sorry you didn't sell your item especially as it's a high-value one but there's always another day. Good Luck:beer:
  • QueenJess
    QueenJess Posts: 3,676 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Hi, I would love to join.

I've just signed up to a DMP and need to find £208 to cover this (anything on top is obviously a bonus). £10 a day would be amazing, but really anything at this stage is helpful.
    Welcome newstartDMP. I am new here too, but been a lurker for a few weeks before that! Have a look at the debt forums as well as you can post your SOA (statement of affairs) and all the clever people on there can advise if there are savings you can make on your current expenses too.
    dizzyblnd wrote: »

I seem to go through phases on eBay where I love it and sell lots and then get sick of it and stop selling for a while (a love hate relationship). I have been selling stuff for a couple of years and I haven't had any scammers and am careful to only post in the UK. However, the items I sell are rarely worth more than £10 and when they are I get a bit jumpy and keep evidence of postage and put on postage tracking.

I am loving the prolific site at the moment.. I have just over £15 (although much of it still waiting to be confirmed so no payout yet) in just 2 days! Maybe I was lucky! I saw others on vypr and citizenme which I am giving a go as I like very quick tasks I can dip in and out of (easier with a 5 month old baby), even if the payouts are small.

Am trying to get mySurvey up to £5 (currently at 350 points) and then will stop that one. I used to get £3 a week very regularly (before the limit raised to £5), but now I just get bombarded with surveys where I don't meet any requirements and so don't even get to £5 a month now. It isn't worth my time on that one anymore.

Got another 20p from Citizenme last night and got credit card cashback of £15.79 (ouch... was definitely too much spending going on in June..). Now up to £60.87. Fingers crossed this weekend for eBay sales.. Off to see if I like testing websites next on Whatusersdo. Have a good weekend everyone.
    2024 decluttering: 6,865 ⭐️🥉⭐️🏅🏅🥈⭐️🏅🥇🏅⭐️🏅
    April mini kitchen declutter challenge: 18/50
    2024 decluttering goals: 🥉3,000 🥈4,000 🥇5,000 💎12,000 🏆 20,000
  • Hermia
    Prolific Academic - £29.97
    Ebay - £2.93

£124.32/£300
    I hope you can get yours sorted, it's worrying isn't it? It's never happened to me before in all the years I've been driving this car. Well, apart from the obvious warnings that I haven't got my seatbelt on, one of the doors isn't properly closed or I'm low on petrol;)

This time the display said 'anti pollution fault' which made me think it was something to do with emissions etc. The symbol that lit up was for the exhaust system. I managed to work that bit out from the handbook when I got home but it didn't say anything else apart from 'drive carefully to the nearest garage':eek:

The mechanic said it could have been the extreme heat that was playing havoc with the car's electrics/sensors as it was the hottest day of the year when it happened and I was out in it doing a lot of stop-start driving for most of the day. Anyway, it's alright now:j

It was a big warning light saga that led to me selling my car! I had been thinking I don't really need a car for a while and then the warning light saga started. The car also started acting strangely sometimes. I have a friend who owns a garage and he spent several hours working on it (at mate's rates thankfully). He also put it through all the computer tests and it said it could be dozens of issues. He was stumped. Sigh... It makes me think back to my first car which was just a big hunk of metal with an engine and was probably related to the Flintstones car! I had it for 12 years and because it didn't have any fancy computer/electronics in it it barely needed anything doing to it in 12 years. It passed every MOT and only ever needed new tyres, brake pads and windscreen wiper blades.
  • Hermia
    QueenJess wrote: »
    Off to see if I like testing websites next on Whatusersdo. Have a good weekend everyone.

The tests are few and far between, but they are quick and easy to do. The people who run the site also seem to be on the ball and quick to respond to issues.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure