Thailand travel money

Options
I am going to Thailand at the end of the month and was wondering what i should do for my for my travel money, I have seen these travel credit cards which seem to be the best value but I am unsure on how they work. Just wondering if anyone could give me any advice on what to do.

Thanks

Comments

• blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am going to Thailand at the end of the month and was wondering what i should do for my for my travel money, I have seen these travel credit cards which seem to be the best value but I am unsure on how they work. Just wondering if anyone could give me any advice on what to do.

Thanks

Have a read of this guide
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Note that ATMs in Thailand charge £5 per withdrawal using a foreign card, so avoid frequent small withdrawals; in some banks you can take cash 'over the counter' on your credit card without fee.

For exchanging cash, rates are better in Thailand than in UK - but not the terrible airport rates from bank booths on arrival at BKK, go downstairs to the exchanges at the rail link terminal.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • PompeyPete
    PompeyPete Posts: 7,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Agree with eDicky about changing £sterling at BKK on arrival.

There are quite a few kiosks on the Arrivals floor.....avoid the lot. Go down to the Basement Air Link level, and onto the concourse. There's a few kiosks there, have a look round, and you'll probably find that Super Rich offers the best rate.
  • WAYT
    WAYT Posts: 694 Forumite
    Options
    PompeyPete wrote: »
    Agree with eDicky about changing £sterling at BKK on arrival.

There are quite a few kiosks on the Arrivals floor.....avoid the lot. Go down to the Basement Air Link level, and onto the concourse. There's a few kiosks there, have a look round, and you'll probably find that Super Rich offers the best rate.

There are two SuperRich at the Airport Link. One Green and one Orange. Green often slightly better.

https://www.superrichthailand.com/#!/en Green

http://www.superrich1965.com Orange
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family