Life begins again at 45

Options

Comments

• Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Christian Aid Big Brekkie Day !

Cars packed with all sorts of things including a stern, balloons etc to decorate the hall.

My dreams of no bacon and cake, were for nothing we did 100 slices of bacon!

I was so pleased it was a brilliant morning, I came home and collapsed very happy!

I could not resist counting in the afternoon.

In the evening we had been invited to a parish function so we would get fed, we were the youngest there by 20 years! The food was lovely...
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • Bubblesmum
    Options
    Simply church all morning

Dad's in the afternoon, for lunch - a ready meal which he paid for :o

Collapsed in front of TV when I got home
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • Bubblesmum
    Options
    A rest Day and a Domestic chore day

Tired.com
    Fake it, to you Make It

• Bubblesmum
    Options
    It was with some relief that Mr Borrow My Doggy had another date today., it meant I could continue sorting my life out!

This included, going round to see my friend who had the last Christian Aid bucket, was asked in for coffee and stayed a couple of hours :D

Popped into my GP's on the way home - was :mad:with them, they had made a mistake with my referral to the chronic fatigue clinic and although have rectified it, have not bothered to contact me to tell me. Even though I had asked them to.

It was another slow day other than that which we need.
    Fake it, to you Make It

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I found CFC a waste of time :(
    Hope it works well for you.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Bubblesmum
    edited 29 May 2017 at 11:35AM
    Options
    Wednesday 24th May

Another slow start to the day, then my weekly sports massage, which I have to say was painful, but was a good therapeutic session verbally has I talked through the issues with my Dad, my therapist has an equally stubborn Mother who I have listened too, so he was returning the favour.

Then in the afternoon, I had another coaching session, which gave so much food for thought and was very challenging.

I will keep it for a different post.

We were suppose to be having a date night cinema but OH was late home so we ended up going to the supermarket to get some frozen meals for Dad and then to N@ndo's as we had some vouchers so completely :money:
    Fake it, to you Make It

• Bubblesmum
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    I found CFC a waste of time :(
    Hope it works well for you.

Actually I am beginning to regret asking for a referral, having had this Wellbeing coaching....

However, I am trying to have an open mind...
    Fake it, to you Make It

• Bubblesmum
    Options
    Busy Day

Firstly mulling over what the wellbeing coach and I discussed about the relationship with my Father I had been set a challenge/goal.

I was due to see him before my first meeting with the health trust as his home and venue were 5 minutes apart.

So I went in with food, and there he was sat in his chair with a rug on his knee. Looking not like my active Father but my Grandfather.

I am getting more and more concerned that he is not on the recovery journey fro his fall as he should be. Despite all the medical advice telling him that he has to move and resume normal activities as soon as he can, 9 sorry if I am repeating myself) I am vocalising my :mad::mad:. He is still sitting there.

So I decided to talk to him, again about, putting in some solutions to aid his recovery, a live in carer/companion, drive physio, he has the money to do this. Explaining to him, why the pain is getting worse not better, as he is not moving.

When he listened but then dismissed what I said, I assertively told him, how that makes me fee. I told him how, that when he says to me "I understand_ he frankly doesn't. I gave the example of often I need my OH to help me put my knickers on, he made this joke about them looking better on my OH. I said that may be funny to him, but was distressing to me as 47. Never really wishing to put himself in my shoes, he then went into his little boy, "I am the worst Father in the world" small voice, distressed voice etc. I am so proud of myself as I stood up, and told him enough, he was being ridiculous, he wasn't going to intimidate me. When I stood up to his ridicule of my situation. As the coach gently talked through with me I had to set boundaries. I did. I actually told him I didn't want to come over to see him, because of the way he treated me. Last week he said to OH " I know I am short with her, thats me, and I am not going to change" so "tough" but as I pointed out to him, last week when I was helping he was as nice as pie to my cousin, her OH, my OH but not to me.

I do love him, but I have to change this cycle of being bullied.

There was so interesting moments, at this point, he decided to escape, as his laxative was working. A few minutes later I found myself on my hands and knees helping him on with clean underpants! I made the quip about them looking better on me. He was embarressed, but did he really get the point I'm not sure.

I left hoping that he might head what I said and do something proactive.

I wasn't intending to go back, but left keys behind. So popped back in, he was cheerful his long suffering friend was there doing chores for him. The community matron had been in, apparently he is in good health.. but nothing really was said about his pain and inactivity, only her saying he can increase his ibupren dosage :eek:

I escaped and went to the pub for a couple of hours for an orange juice and a chinwag with my BM
    Fake it, to you Make It

• Bubblesmum
    Options
    The most positive thing about Thursday was my Governor meeting, felt so good to be back in a world of work and using my skills and knowledge

Even better was linking up with an old colleague, who caught me up on all the gossip and said there was a new contract and a possible new role of me, really part time hours :T:T
    Fake it, to you Make It

• Bubblesmum
    Options
    Another day without Mr Borrow My Doggy which I had with mixed feelings, as I was tired and but equally I could have done with a blow alone the Thamespath, and that unconditional love of my four legged friend.

I am very tired, I know really I am heading for a fatigue relapse.....

i kept going on a long list of chores sitting at the computer. One major thing was that I started to look at the finances which definitely was more :( than :)

Slight disastor re supper, we had sausages from the freezer, and I had suggested an aubergine tagging, to use up, but we did it too late, so the sausages were cooked but the aubergine was raw :o
    Fake it, to you Make It

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure