Advice please

After 25 years + marriage I'm out of the house and back home living with my parents. Only gone a week so early days I know.
Wife has been to a solicitor on Monday but I think only for advice and not to iniciate any proceedings as I've received no correspondence as yet. My question is what's my next step here, she has the car which I've paid for and other assets of mine. But don't really want to go to a solicitor and be seen as the agitator
Many thanks Pennywise 2

Comments

• anna_1977
    anna_1977 Posts: 862
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Go for a free 30 minute consultation to find out your rights with regarding to property/assets. You don't have to send anything to her but at least you;ll know where to start.
  • Thanks Anna 👍
  • Cisser
    Cisser Posts: 11 Forumite
    Talking it over with your wife and you need to know what she wants.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Move back in. Posession is nine-tenths of the law. Suck it up and move back in, it’s your house too. It will go down like the proverbial Titanic, however in the long run you’ll be better financially. Multiply my advice by ten if you have young children there. You need to be present. Now, it’s going to be hard and there’s going to accusations and alsorts thrown about the place. You need to be a stable stoic going into this. Don't rise to anything and remain calm.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure