What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 23rd April?

Comments

• Thank you 1Luckylady and DawnW for the hello :) I keep dipping in and out of MSE so I apologise if I disappear, but I do find it helps me to be accountable somewhere. That said today wasn't the most productive MSE wise. So far.

I've typed a new do do list for the upcoming month to help me not forget MSE ways. Tonight my plan is:

- Post to do list in my diary as a reminder.
    - Try and find or register for boots points card.
    - Check Tesco Clubcard points.
    Check freezer and take out something for dinner tomorrow as a step towards defrosting it!
    - put the bag of items to sell and refund tomorrow aside ready for tomorrow's tasks.
    19/12/14: Spent 10 years of savings!!
    :heart2: ..... to buy my first home. :heart2:
    11K OP 31.03.19

Current goal: €151,000 deposit Ireland and counting, to buy Spring 2022 we hope!
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    DawnW wrote: »
    Morning all :)
    :wave: Hello to Sunnysam and a_silver_lining :)

Plans for today look like this:
    Need to sort my brother out with painkillers for his back (says it hurts too much to go out to buy them himself) plus any food etc that he needs He says he is a bit better than yesterday but still in quite a bit of pain.Took him some painkillers, washed up, put sausages and veg in his SC for a casserole, went to the shop to get some bits, changed his bed and brought his washing back with me. Will get him some veg from the market tomorrow and pop in with my vacuum cleaner and do his carpets as someone from the HA is visiting and I don't want the place to look a mess. Normally I would just tell my bro to do this, but he can't really do it while he is poorly.
    Post an ebay item, possibly two if other buyer pays up in time :)Just the one sent, must chase up the other buyer for payment
    Check banks and update speadsheet Done
    Check for surveys Not done
    Some housework Nor this
    Load of washing 2 loads done, one mostly dried on line - it didn't get put out till early evening as the weather has been unsettled all day
    Do some gardening if it doesn't rain - tomatoes need potting on, and the remaining large pots / tubs in the back garden need sorting out Not done, just watered what needed it
    Cut some salad leaves for dinner :)Done
    HM tomato sauce out of freezer for dinner Done

That will do to start with!

Sold another item on ebay, this one has paid straight away, seems to be picking up a bit again :)
    Listed 2 more things
    Small shop at Icyland

Not much else as DD was here with baby GS when I got back from my brother's just before lunch. Had to mind baby while she popped out. Baby was grizzly but I got him to sleep eventually :)
    DD came back this evening so that I could help with the profit and loss accounts for her business. Exhausted now, and soon going to bed!
  • DawnW
    edited 26 April 2018 at 9:01PM
    Me again! :o
    Up pretty early, had breakfast, emptied dishwasher, started shopping list etc, have lots to do, so thought it would help me be more organised if I did a list now rather than later!

Washing out on line
    Dry washing to be folded and put away Done
    Sink full of washing up, things that can't go in the DW, or that the DW for some reason did not get clean :( Must clean the filters and run it empty to clean it through I think! Not done yet
    Go to market in next town to buy veg, also visit flea market Done
    Small shop needed - couldn't get everything in Icyland yesterday Not done, decided there isn't anything I can't live without till tomorrow!
    All spends recorded in either spending diary or business accounts depending on which they are Done
    Call in to brother's flat on way back, drop in his shopping and run hoover over carpet Done
    Leftover chilli for lunch Done
    Pack 2 ebay sales, and list a couple more items Done
    Repot tomato plants and sort out big pots if the weather is reasonably pleasant (looks ok atm) Repotted tomatoes and chillis, sowed parsnips outside, and cucumber, courgettes, summer squash, broad beans (by mistake) and climbing Fench beans in the greenhouse :) Still haven't sorted those big pots though!
    Housework instead if the weather is cold, windy, rainy etc :( Ought to do some anyway! Well, OH did the bathroom, if that counts
    Check banks and update spreadsheet Still to do
    Check for surveys Not done
    Make mushroom risotto for dinner, using stock I made a couple of days ago :)Done

Better make a start :eek:
  • Morning dawn :D you sound raring to go!

day off yippe! Have lots of thing I want to do but need to be over what I actually do!

Have made a marinade for chicken to make sw donner kebabs :D I have lost 6 lbs in 2 weeks :D. Still need to take the skin off of the chicken...

need to pop into town to pick up a gift I ordered and pay in a couple of cheques. Will park for free ;)

washing in & will hang up

was payday yesterday so need to do money shuffle

all food from stores

sowing seeds and going to the allotment to meet friend for a couple of hours this afternoon

finishing my dressmakers form

do some housework at some point....

Ok that'll do :D
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,614 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning everyone

Welcome to the newbies, it's a great thread that def keeps me on the straight and narrow, and accountable!
    SunnySam my DD has just finishing her first year at uni but when taking her BF shopping, has been showing him the £/kg. He was just someone who would randomly throw stuff in his basket before he met DD and now works out his approx. spending on food each week.

Talking of DD BF, he is in self catered accommodation and loves his cooking. Spotted some Nandos sauces half price in Boots clearance from Christmas. Used my points to order them, when I picked them up on Monday on opening the box they had leaked everywhere-fortunately in the boots packaging.. Took them back where B@@ts sorted out replacements. Picked up yesterday while in town, everything good.
    Coaching this morning without much of a voice-must remember to take my whistle!

Still aching after the weekend......must remember not to tell pain clinic......they will not be impressed......and I'm training again Saturday........needs must...but it is a charity event!

Went to do breakfast this morning and found I had run out of bread......eating DDs left over cocoa pops, that she opened and left when last home. Trying to follow foxgloveswith no food wastage.

Just about to start cat cleaning, will have a quick cuppa first.

Banking all checked, everything good
    This afternoon.....must do some housework, house badly needs it
    Have a great day everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 26 April 2018 at 10:28AM
    Morning folks

Sunny here in he NW today. Still feeling like I'm fighting this cold, also feel slightly queasy. I'm hoping brekkie will settle my stomach.

Frogged my sock back to the start last night. I'd dropped a few stitches in the rib and hadn't really managed to pick them up correctly. I was only about 15 rows in so I thought it better to start afresh. Back to where I was already.

Today's msness:
    • B/D from stores. Poss lunch out if we go out (if tummy situation improves)
    • Tidy round
    • Use free washing machine cleaner stuff - done
    • Ask OH to pick up nematodes left in work fridge :rotfl:
    • Empty and rebait slug trap (must be 30 of the critters in there) - done
    • Knit sock
    • Sprinkled some spent coffee grounds around my achillea in a vain attempt to protect from marauding slugs/snails - done
    • Salted some slugs that avoided the slug trap - done
    Will add more if there is any

have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • Working_Mum
    Working_Mum Posts: 559 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 26 April 2018 at 1:47PM
    Hello everyone,
    I love this thread and make sure I keep up to date every day even though I struggle to find time to post!

I have been in a bit of a funk recently with one thing and another and this thread has help keep me focussed. I did a little reccy today and I have paid off £4184 off my debt so far this year - including my mortgage I now owe a total of £283,521 - my goal is to move house this year and be debt and mortgage free after that with a lovely simple life.

I set myself budgets for fuel and food this year - looked at what I had paid last year and set them accordingly - I have spent £600 less on food than I did to this point last year and I am on point with my fuel budget - both of these things I am thrilled with.

I am still following the 16:8 and trying to do without bread. I have average 35% of spend free days since the start of 2018 and I have earned almost £190 on various survey sites - I set myself a target of 150 Swagbux per day to earn and this means I have earned about a fiver a week on Amazon vouchers - I am bigger Amazon user so Swagbux pays for this without me worrying about finding the cash from my weekly budgets.

I have started to de-clutter as my house has recently gone on the market and I have worked Freecycle so hard!! I helped furnish a lady's flat - she had been homeless for 4 months and had just been given a one bedroom flat - she saved me the cost of removing items which won't fit in my new place and she has some ace quality items for her new home.

I am glad the weather has started to perk up, I have got back into my garden and worked hard. It's mindful being in my garden - all the hard work planting my tulips and daffodil bulbs last year have paid off and my garden looks really colourful.

I wish everyone well in their debt free journey and hope you all have a great weekend

((hugs))

WM x
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Afternoon all, well maybe evening :o been busy last few days but keeping the faith! How lovely you've been able to help someone working mum.

Today:

2 loads of washing done and dried, just need to put away.
    New carpet in our bedroom. Paid for when we ordered it :j furniture turned up, 2 of 5 items built. Again all paid for upfront :D
    Will try and get the all built by weekend.
    No tea tonight as DH and I had a sandwich out at lunchtime (ate at home) so quite full
    Check fridge for anything on turn
    Prompt DH to find car doc so we know when mot is due (it's 1st time so we don't have anything other than a month on dvla)
    Check banking - tomorrow is payday :D
    Walk tonight with friend for free exercise
    Used last of sourdough for breakfast
    Get something out of freezer for dd lunch box tomorrow

Right off to build build build :D
  • DawnW
    Up at stupid o'clock because I couldn't sleep :(
    Have loads to do today, and just know I will be really tired later :(
    Anyway, onwards.
    I need to:
    Put meat etc in SC for a pie filling
    Prep some of the veg I bought yesterday
    Go shopping :(
    Post office with ebay sales and RM surveys stuff
    Read meters and enter readings on Ovo's web site. I am a bit late doing this for April - they normally send an email reminder, but haven't this month. Trying to make people have one of their bloomin smart meters I suppose. Well, I am not going to :mad:
    Go over to my brother's to make sure he lets the housing officer in after lunch. He has hurt his back, finds getting up difficult and isn't bothering to get up to answer the door or his phone :mad: He lives about 8 miles or so away, and it is a chore going there every day atm. Hope he is better soon and goes back to work!
    Make him a meal while there - will have to take ingredients as he hasn't texted me his shopping list as we arranged, apart from **!! cigarettes :mad:
    Come back and do a meal here, unless I can persuade OH to do it - now there's a plan!

Far too many :mad: this morning!
  • Morning :) sorry it's a trying day ahead dawn!

yippie day 2 of 3 off :j today I have my singing lesson - and I haven't done any of the tasks I need to do to prep :o Need to spend the hour after dropping madam off doing as much of them as I can!

After that come home and clean house top to bottom and sowing seeds

I also need to do money shuffle as it was payday Wednesday.

Then madam has a friend for tea and a playdate and after she is picked up I am going to my friend's for the evening to get my hair done.

Hopefully there'll be some more small things along the way!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills