The bank closed my account but it has been over 50 days and i cannot withdraw my funds

gloryninja
gloryninja Posts: 35 Forumite
edited 18 April 2018 at 2:53PM in Budgeting & bank accounts
My bank account (this is not a highstreet bank so they do not have a branch, they are however well known) was closed without providing an actual reason behind it however, recently i found out that one of my old customers claimed chargeback of £900 on that account which i am unable to appeal even though i can literally provide the evidence needed to show that this chargeback was unlawful and the customer received his goods and did not request a refund. I have invoice and contract that shows the £900 should not been returned to the customer, now the customer just got a free item and i am £900 short in money and the bank closes my account with funds still currently inside.

This bank (which i will not name) is not providing me any access to my funds even after numerous attempts to contact them for an update and i recieve the same message stating that "they are looking into the account and cannot provide further info"

IT has been over 43 days now and i have around £1400 (not included the £900 that was returned to the customer unlawfully) in that account which is frozen.

What rights do i have that i can get the bank to let me take my money out or get them to let me provide documents to release the restrictions on my account? I have not been able to get them to provide the reason of closing my account nor am i able to appeal the decision so i just want to have access to my funds now.

I really need some advice here.

Comments

• BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,101 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    When you say my bank account do you mean a personal account? If so, then putting business transactions through it could be the reason for closure.
  • gloryninja
    gloryninja Posts: 35 Forumite
    Hi

Yes it is a personal account however, this payment made for an item i sold was the only one that i processed using that account.

My main concern is getting the funds in that account released to me as the remaining funds have no ties to any business and the £900 has been returned to the customer and i cannot appeal this decision which has lead me to losing the item and the money.

From the replies i get from the bank , they are all basically the same generic response. IT feels like they are not even checking my account or there might be some error that is preventing me from getting an actual update.

I have missed on few direct debits and have been charged quite a lot due to the account closure and direct debits being bounced back. I can make peace with that but i need to withdraw the funds still left in the account and also i had £500 sent on the same day of the closure and it is not showing up on my account balance.

What can i do for them to give my money and if possible, appeal there decision?
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,101 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    After reading your posting history I'm out
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business