Virgin money transfer card rejected

I applied for the Virgin money transfer card 1.90% fee , 0% for 20 months

However, I was rejected, Iw as going to use it for a stoozing pot

My income is 42k , monthly expenses approx 1200, with 2k debt on a 4k limit 0% card, I have another credit card with 4K limit

Anyone else been rejected form these virgin money transfer cards, have you had any success with reapplying?
or has anyone found an alternative for stoozing purposes?

Comments

• Firstly check your credit scores on one of the free credit check companies rather than reapply straight away. Clearscore is very good if you ignore the ads! You should have got the card on the financials you have put above so it's worth checking there's nothing untoward on your credit record that you're not aware of.
    In my experience it's only the Virgin rates that are worthwhile for stoozing on money transfer cards, so hopefully you can get one when you're able to reapply. However another option is to get the longest purchase 0% card you can, put all your day to day purchases, bills etc on it and then invest all the money you would otherwise have spent into whatever you were going to do with the Virgin money cash.
    It's not as quick to make a profit as you have to build up the balance, but it works as well in the longer term and there is no initial fee to get the money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure