New Journey

Comments

• Youre doing well :)

Thanks for Dave Ramsey tip, will have a look
    £15900 loan (including interest) over 3.5 years to pay off...can I do it sooner???
    £940/£15900

Weight loss 0/28 lbs
  • System
    System Posts: 178,089 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    First time out spending money today since I decided the debt had to go . Only bought what I went for and am pleased with that.

Just waiting for pay day now to get all the transfers done to savings etc.

My targets for 2017
    No new clothes until at least Easter .
    No accepting evenings/trips out without budgeting for them. Big downfall of mine.
    List all things on ebay that I want to get rid off.

Have signed up for more survey sites today and looked into mystery shopping.

Debt busting is hard work to start with .
  • System
    A bit about me early 50's single , grandmother to 2 delightful grandchildren. Sold a house in 2008 after divorce walked away with no money as had carried on spending as though 2 wages were still coming into the house. Have rented ever since and am happy with this.

Have a great life , but am a bit irresponsible when it comes to spending. I like my weekends away but they have been paid for on cc so not good. I have now had my statements and owe £4470 on one card and £1500 on another. Both have been transferred to 0% cards one until Sep 2019 and the other until April 2020.
    I will pay these cards off as best I can, my aim is that when I am 60 I want an emergency fund , no debts and be able to pay for holidays in cash not on cc . All this because I want to drop my hours at age 60 so I have about 6 years to do this.

Have set my budget for the month , get paid on the 18th Jan , got my accounts ready for transferring my savings etc to.

Been shopping today and spent £15.24 because I had done a menu plan for the week not just bought what I thought.

Looking forward to busting the debt.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Good luck with your plans Cumbria Lass. I like working, but by the time I am 60 I want to be working 3 days a week. :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • System
    Thanks Doingitanyway , I am aiming for 4 days but would like 3 , just to have to see how it all goes. I like working as well i just don't want to work full time until I am 66/67 .
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    I know. Me too. I think working P/T in a job you like is the way to go. There's lots of talk about early retirement but I like the idea of working P/T part-time for as long as I can. I have subscribed to your diary :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • System
    Thanks for that Doingitanyway I am useless at working this site out yet , not sure how to subscribe to other people's diaries yet, Maybe someone could help a damsel in MSE distress !
  • System
    Have registered for one poll and have £5.00 on that, seems like a long way to £40 .
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,708 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hi CL if you find a diary you like click on thread tools at the top and it will subscribe to that diary. To view your diaries you've subscribed to click on User CP and that will take you to them.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • System
    Ah now it makes sense , thank you lucielle.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure