Debt recovery

Options
Hi, I have recently (12 months ago) set up a small business,
I recently did a job for a lady who for reasons unknown to me, bounced a cheque on me, she actually rang me before I contacted her, and she explained to me that she had a few problems with her own business changing the bank account from a company to sole trader, I accepted her explanation and told her not to worry too much, she appreciated my understanding and promised to sort it out,
I am now 2 months or so into this and have visited her 3 times, she is never at home although her live in father always gives a good excuse, I am wondering what procedures are available if any to recover this debt?
The funny part to this tale is that I was in a different part of town and walked past a house where I heard a voice I recognised, as the door was open slightly I listened to wonder where I knew the voice from, I realised it was the lady that owed me money, as I needed to speak to her I waited and realised that she was actually working......as a debt collector, irony? Or a lady that knows I have no chance of recovering my debt without it costing me more than she owes? (btw I am owes £180), thanks in advance of any help, jch

Comments

• maninthestreet
    Options
    If you now know she is a debt collector, can't you use this information to your advantage?
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • CAB_National_Representative
    CAB_National_Representative Posts: 220 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Jchnorris1 wrote: »
    Hi, I have recently (12 months ago) set up a small business,
    I recently did a job for a lady who for reasons unknown to me, bounced a cheque on me, she actually rang me before I contacted her, and she explained to me that she had a few problems with her own business changing the bank account from a company to sole trader, I accepted her explanation and told her not to worry too much, she appreciated my understanding and promised to sort it out,
    I am now 2 months or so into this and have visited her 3 times, she is never at home although her live in father always gives a good excuse, I am wondering what procedures are available if any to recover this debt?
    The funny part to this tale is that I was in a different part of town and walked past a house where I heard a voice I recognised, as the door was open slightly I listened to wonder where I knew the voice from, I realised it was the lady that owed me money, as I needed to speak to her I waited and realised that she was actually working......as a debt collector, irony? Or a lady that knows I have no chance of recovering my debt without it costing me more than she owes? (btw I am owes £180), thanks in advance of any help, jch

Hi JCHnorris - as this is to do with business debt (which our CAB representatives aren't covering on this board), we'd urge you to contact the Business Debt Helpline for advice on this and your possible options for recovering the debt.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure