Massive debts

Comments

• gargrave50
    gargrave50 Posts: 3,011 Forumite
    Another £1.23 transferred to my F&F pot. Its bursting at the seams with a grand total of £2.23 ;)
    LBM 30/6/9 Unsecured debts [STRIKE]£25,323.48[/STRIKE] £0 :T Debt free
    Left for life Down Under 4th August 2012 - living frugally and have learned my lessons :j:j:j:j
  • Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    gargrave50 wrote: »
    Just transferred another £1.23 to my F&F pot - its my version of PAD. Its addictive and its only day 2! Trying to plan in advance for NSD, DS is going to a Summer club which is 50p per day. Do you think if I put the £2.50 in a little wallet for him at the weekend he could pay the 50p each day and I could count those as NSD?!

Yes definatley! Anything for a NSD!! Seriously though if they are a planned expenditure at the beginning of the week then this makes sense. No point ruining a NSD and then feeling yuo may as well buy other things as well.

Every little helps with your F&F pot, as you've read on the PAD thread you'll know that you don't miss such small amounts and it really does start to add up. Is your pot real/cash or virtual/online? I think I'm going to set up an online one for me. Best get a new savings account sorted.
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • gargrave50
    The F&F is a little online savings account which had zilch in it until yesterday:j

Its "virtually" bursting at the seams now :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Our tax credits are paid into this account which is a mighty £10.45 per week, so I should be a millionaire before Christmas.

If not, I might be getting towards a decent sum to offer a F&F to one of the smaller creditors. Can't wait for the day when I have paid one off completely :A

I'm planning an online BBQ for that day with lots of wine
    Left for life Down Under 4th August 2012 - living frugally and have learned my lessons :j:j:j:j
  • Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    1964.gif1964.gif

Here's a little to keep you going! But I'm certain it'll add up to a million by Christmas!!
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • gargrave50
    I am nothing if not an optimist! Loved the wine thanks!
  • gargrave50
    Oh a little £10.45 (tax credits) into my F&F pot - a whopping £12.68 :whistle:

The pressure of being so wealthy is bound to change me as a person :rolleyes:
  • ladybez
    ladybez Posts: 474 Forumite
    Have pm'd you.
  • gargrave50
    £1.41 into my F&F pot - its beginning to burst at its virtual seams.
  • gargrave50
    Thanks ladybez - you are a little star:A
  • scared1
    scared1 Posts: 76 Forumite
    Have you ever thought of maternity nursing...what happens is you work 6 days a week...live in someones house and no rent or bills to pay. They have just had a baby and you are basically their live in nanny...but for newborns. Most of the placements are in London...but accomadation wouldn't be a cost.

They are really well paid and tend to be short term contracts...sometimes 2 weeks or upto a couple of months.

You register with an agency...I have never done this work...I just heard good things about it. People pay really well for it...especially if you can get a house with twins or triplets.

Good luck with the Job hunting...its not all London...check out the northwest...their are jobs coming up their too...off and on...we just took on 3 at my hospital and I know a few others have left us and gone elsewhere locally.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure