Massive debts

Comments

• gargrave50
    gargrave50 Posts: 3,011 Forumite
    If you look at the reclaiming thread sticky the link to the templates are there:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#letmain
    LBM 30/6/9 Unsecured debts [STRIKE]£25,323.48[/STRIKE] £0 :T Debt free
    Left for life Down Under 4th August 2012 - living frugally and have learned my lessons :j:j:j:j
  • gargrave50
    gargrave50 wrote: »
    Meant to say checked mine and hubby's credit reports thoroughly last night (hence the excitement above), and we now each have 2 defaults and 2 arrangement to pays on our records. The rest are settled. Good times (believe it or not)!:D

Won't find out whether I have the Oz job for another week, and they emailed today to say I'll only be offered it if they can't find someone with "right to work" in Oz first of all. Bad times. :(

Have gone ahead and emailed the other hospitals wanting to interview me as a back up. Life it seems is complicated after all............bummer.

Hey skint,

Remember the days when my credit score was very poor.............reckon I'm moving towards poor now. I is rockin :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:.
    Left for life Down Under 4th August 2012 - living frugally and have learned my lessons :j:j:j:j
  • gargrave50
    gargrave50 wrote: »
    Hubby tells me we received a letter from Wescot stating Santander were looking for the CCA for the old Cahoot loan, and that they would send it on. This defaulted 2 years ago and we haven't paid anything to it since. Its £658 - so around 10% of my remaining debt.

If they have a CCA I'm a monkey's Uncle4.gif.

Well actually if they do I'm disappointed, not really a monkey's Uncle exactly.

Never mind, hopefully they don't and I can make a F&F. Would be happy to give them 50% to get the monkey off my back (just a figure of speech you understand ;)). But of course, I will start lower and negotiate skywards ;).

After that, I will get stuck into the 2 overdrafts (£1362 + £771.50 according to their letters but largely inflated by 50-100% by charges) and the AA Visa (£2028). The remainder of our debt is Council Tax Arrears. I have already tried to tackle the 2 overdrafts but my F&F's of 50% of the ACTUAL amount owed as opposed to the inflated amounts was rejected. Boo hiss.

After that debt free :D.

Nobody likes my monkey it would seem - gutted :p.
  • gargrave50
    Home later today - flight is at 12.15 :D. Getting the bus home after nightshift and going to grab a couple of hours kip before heading to Heathrow T5, and looking at all the shiney delights in the windows of the swanky shops. Bank payment of around £200 due today (1 nightshift) - may even treat myself to a little brunch.
  • bonsibabe
    bonsibabe Posts: 1,055 Forumite
    I have to say Gargrave ... you and SBO are an inspiration to all us wannabes! I know that as soon as christmas is out of the way I will be starting in earnest to try and get debt free asap! I did the budget calculator today and it said I have £300 a month to spare!!! I would love to know where that goes!!!! So between now and the end of December am going to look at exactly what i spend every day/week/month and see just where this money disappears to!!!! I must have gotten my sums wrong ... and starting boxing day is my quest to get next chrimbo for free! with vouchers etc just like you! fingers crossed!

Good luck for oz and well done on clearing the debts! xxx
    LBM - August 2008 - Debts then - £33390 :eek:- 2nd LBM - November 2009 - Debts then - £18500:mad:
    Current debt levels: OD £3860, Loan 1 £6091, Loan 2 £5052, Parents £260, Total £16133 :eek: As at 01 May 2012 - 51.69% paid off :j
    Aiming for a No Spend Christmas 2012!
  • gargrave50
    Check me out - 43 items for sale on ebay currently :D.
  • gargrave50
    It will not be fun taking said 43 items to the Post Office :(.

However, it will be endless fun transferring the wonga from paypal :D.
  • gargrave50 wrote: »
    Hey skint,

Remember the days when my credit score was very poor.............reckon I'm moving towards poor now. I is rockin :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:.

Yip, I said we would reach those dizzy heights soon enough!

You little beauty, am thrilled for you!

Aus will be fine, you will do it, and if no one will fund you, well you will sell more stuff and bluddy do it yourself. Wont you?
    Trying to shift that debt!
  • I loved your monkey!
  • gargrave50 wrote: »
    Home later today - flight is at 12.15 :D. Getting the bus home after nightshift and going to grab a couple of hours kip before heading to Heathrow T5, and looking at all the shiney delights in the windows of the swanky shops. Bank payment of around £200 due today (1 nightshift) - may even treat myself to a little brunch.

Brunch with coupons, I hope Mrs Lady Woman!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport